Ch. 87: Fuckers

"Out now!" the nurse yelled, grabbing Phoenix's arm and pulling him towards the door.

"What's going on?" Phoenix cried out being pulled away from Jace. He wanted to stay, subconsciously he knew he had to leave to let them save Jace.

Emotionally he needed to be there.

Gareth grabbed onto Phoenix with all the strength he had and forced the resisting Phoenix out of the operating room with the help of the nurse. "We can't be here right now, Phoenix, listen!"

"Jace!"

Phoenix let himself be pulled out of the room and stood there looking in calling for Jace while the doors closed. He saw he doctors and nurses working hectically with an amazing calm, concentrating on what they were trained to do.

He tore off the facemask. "You can't leave me! You can't die, I won't allow it!" he cried out in pain. "You, fucking stay alive, you selfish fucker. It's not your time yet!"

Slowly he slumped down leaning his head against the door. "Jace, I'm begging you, fight! Fight for your right to annoy the shit out of me forever." He kept yelling at the closed door. "I'll take it, all of it. All your crap, I love it even if I give you grief for it."

Gareth stood back with Rami who had come into the room when he saw Phoenix being dragged out of the operating room afraid of what had happened in there. If Gareth needed help holding Phoenix back or controlling him if he lost it completely, Rami was ready.

They watched Phoenix hammer his fist into the floor, probably breaking a finger or knuckle from the sound of it and the cry Phoenix let out.

"I can't..." Phoenix sobbed and continued to yell again. "You have more in you, Jace. Please, baby, you can't give up."

"Phoenix, he asked me to tell you..." Gareth began after having removed his facemask.
"Not fucking listening to that. If he has something to say, he can say it to my face," Phoenix raged at the door.

"Phoenix, come, we need to leave them to work." Gareth had come over and tryingly put a gloved hand on Phoenix's shoulder. They were both still in their medical outfits.
"No! I'm not leaving him. He needs me. Jace!"

Phoenix called out his name with such emotion it made Gareth choke up. In the almost 15 years he had known Phoenix, he had not shown as much emotion combined as he had in the last 20 minutes. Gareth knew, if Jace pulled through, that Phoenix would never let Jace go a day without knowing how he felt.

Gareth saw the nurse come closer discreetly holding a syringe. She put her hands under her head pretending to sleep and then nodded at Phoenix, to let him know what she had in mind.

Gareth nodded at her.

The nurse pointed at her arm and then at Phoenix to let Gareth know what she wanted. Rami was at Gareth's side and swiftly they grabbed Phoenix and held him while the nurse plunged in the syringe.

"Fuckers," Phoenix mumbled falling back into Gareth's arms. He was not completely gone yet and looked up at Gareth with a small grateful smile.

"We can put him in a room down the hall, I'll make sure there's somebody close." The nurse waited for Gareth and Rami to lift Phoenix up and carry him to the room she led them to.

They put Phoenix on the bed and took off his shoes and the medical outfit before covering him with a light duvet.

"How long will he be out?"
"As long as we need him to, I can hook up an IV to keep him sedated until we know how to handle the situation?"
"Do it."