Cookie

Normal POV Their 21 btw

Sarada mixed up the ingredients in a bowl, well attempting to. Boruto decided to give her something for her birthday last year, she thought she would be kind and make him some homemade cookies. Sarada was failing miserable, today was his birthday and she hasn't even put the cookies in the oven yet. She pouted before she stopped mixing the, looking at her work, she frowned. She had to start over again. Groaning, she threw away the mixture into the trash. She felt bad, bad that she couldn't even make cookies for her boyfriend, her first and new boyfriend. They started dating on Valentine's day when he confessed to her and she gladly became his girlfriend. She always liked him after all, he wasn't the same boy in the academy, no he was a man now. Soft blond hair, ocean blue orbs that she could stare at all day, his smell, musk, and cologne filling her senses. When they kissed on Valentine's Day, it was their first, but it wasn't bad at all, it was slow, soft, and passionate, perfect almost. Then he said those 3 words that she wanted to hear over and over again.

"I love you" 

Then he gave her a hug and chocolate, then asked her to be his girlfriend and when she said yes, they hugged and Boruto walked her home since this happened after they had dinner together. Sasuke wasn't too happy about it though, but Naruto, Sakura, and Hinata were. Sarada smiled in content at the memories, sitting down at her table. Sarada had her own place and so did Boruto and they decided that they shouldn't live together yet, they weren't ready yet. Or until Sasuke stops trying to kill Boruto. The sound of her front door opening got her out of her thoughts, she got out of her chair and checked the time. It was 3pm and she told Boruto to come to her house for his present at 3! She forgot to check the time while she was making the cookies. Boruto opened the door with the spare key he had and walked in as Sarada panicked, She put away all of the stuff she left out in a hurry and took off the apron she had on.

"Sarada" he called, holding a little bag in his hand

"hm" she awkwardly hummed

He walked into the kitchen to see his girlfriend sitting down at the table with a sad expression on her face

"What's wrong?" he asked, rubbing her back

"The cookies" she mumbled, pointing to the trashcan

"was that my birthday present" he asked and she nodded "did you mess them up" 

She nodded and looked down.

"Hey," he said softly, touching her chin

 She looked up to find him looking at her with a smug grin

"You still suck at making food" he teased

"Shut up" she pouted, instead of punching him

"You shouldn't be mean to the birthday boy," he said

She scoffed and looked away

"Its okay all I need is you for my birthday," he said before giving her lips a peck

She smiled and pecked him on the lips back

"I'm sure there's another cookie I can eat" he whispered in her ear

Her face turned a deep red as she hit his chest

"Baka birthday boy" she grumbled