chapter twenty eight

we get on the hayride, it'll be taking us to the actual pumpkin patch.

"we can carve the pumpkins at my house, if you guys want to.." i say as the hayride trailer pulls away from the building. no way i just willingly invited them- they must've put a curse on me or something.

"yes! i love your house~" oikawa exclaims.

"why."

"because i get to see you more, duh!"

"that sounds kinda creepy.." mattsun scratches his head. oikawa whines about not being creepy as the hayride continues.

"so, chinami-chan. what was that kiss about?" makki questions.

i side-eye him. "you know what it was about."

"i don't think i do.." makki questionably looks around.

"what, do you want one too?"

"i don't know, maybe i do." makki wiggles his eyebrows. i watch as oikawa's jaw drops in my peripheral vision.

"shut up."

we finally arrive at the pumpkin patch, thank god. i hop off the trailer and wait for the others.

"i'm gonna smash this on your head." i pick up a pumpkin and jerk it towards oikawa.

"no, don't!" oikawa covers his head with his arms.

"i can't even reach your head, idiot."

oikawa frowns, looking for a pumpkin.

"you guys are going to the party, right?" i question.

the three reply positively.

"what are you going as?"

"i'm picking iwa-chan's costume! it's a surprise~" oikawa exclaims while picking up a pumpkin.

"there's no way you agreed to that." i look to iwaizumi with a laugh.

he slowly nods. "shittykawa promised me a week of agedashi."

"oh, come on. really."

"yes, it's free food."

i shake my head and continue to look for the perfect pumpkin. "what about you two." i direct my speaking to mattsun and makki.

"mario and luigi!" mattsun exclaims, putting a pumpkin in his arms.

"i wanted to be peach, but no, they don't sell dresses fit for 6 foot boys." makki picks up a pumpkin and examines it.

"obviously they wouldn't." i finally find the perfect, round pumpkin and grab it by the stem.

"done?" tsutomu asks the five of us. we all nod and head back to the hayride.

━━━━

we arrive back to my house, putting our pumpkins on the dining room table. i go upstairs to my room to grab the carving kits, bought earlier in the week.

"if you wanna like.. print a template, you can go in the office." i place the kits on the table.

"you have an office?!" oikawa exclaims.

"why've we never seen it?" mattsun questions.

"is there a secret door?" makki also questions.

"yes, actually just follow me." i walk away from the dining room table, the boys following behind. i go into the living room and to the bookcase, pulling a dark red book and making the bookcase slide over.