chapter sixty

christmas morning. i shoot up from my bed with pure excitement like a little kid. i do my morning routine before skipping down the hallway and to the stairs.

"merry christmas!" i skip around the couch the boys are seated on, waiting for sayaka to finish breakfast.

"someone's in a good mood~" makki says while his eyes follow me around the living room.

"of course i am." i plop down in front of the christmas tree, sitting with my legs crossed. "it's christmas." i lay down on the hardwood floor in content, inhaling the scent of the food.

"what did you get for us?" oikawa questions. i sit up, remembering that i left the gift cards upstairs.

"you already know what i got."

"okay, but anything else?"

"no- well, for iwa, yes."

"what?! why does iwa-chan get something else." oikawa crosses his arms.

"because i had help picking his gift. the rest of you'd be too hard to shop for."

oikawa huffs as i go upstairs, grabbing the four gift cards and extra gift for iwaizumi.

"here." i hand the gift cards to the boys, along with the wrapped cologne to iwaizumi.

"open it, open it!" oikawa exclaims. iwaizumi precisely rips open the wrapping paper to a bottle of versace eros. i watch as his eyes slightly widen.

"how'd you know i use this?" he examines the box.

"i have my sources."

iwaizumi gets up from the couch and embraces me with a hug, not one like oikawa usually gives me, but a normal one as a small smile is on his face.

"i was actually almost running out of this, so thank you." he ruffles my hair a bit as the others thank me as well.

we eat breakfast with sayaka and tsutomu, the boys parents coming over at some point, bringing presents with them, but makki's mother claimed she'll be a little late.

━━━━

we gather in the living room, getting ready to open presents.

"sorry i'm late!" makki's mother is let in by sayaka, coming into the living room with a box that looks like it's moving, holes poked into it. makki clutches his hands in excitement as his mother carefully holds the box to me. "merry christmas, hun."

i thank her before putting the box in my lap and undoing the ribbon. a head pops out of the box and licks my face.

"a puppy~ so cute!" oikawa exclaims.

oh. my. god. i take the small husky out of the box as it licks my face. it's so cute i might just die.

 it's so cute i might just die