Chapter 3: A New Home

A few months went by and my magic kept getting out of control or as my mom said. But really I am just trying to get the hang of my magic but things always go wrong. My dad came up to my room and took me out of my crib and brought me downstairs to feed me. He put me in my play pen and closed the top/ceiling of it so I don't  float myself out by using magic. He then gave me some milk and left me sitting in front of the lit fireplace which was out of my reach and he went into the kitchen and closed the kitchen door.

"She can't stay!" My mom yelled. "I don't trust her magic. She's too dangerous!" My mom ran out of the kitchen and grabbed me and started to head out. My dad stood in front of the door to stop my mom. "Honey, please don't do this... she doesn't know any better. We can teach her how to manage this. Even the princesses have a magic school. She can learn to control it there. Just give this a chance." My mom looked at me and sighed.
"No, I am doing this. With or without you. I'm on my way to leave her at the lake. Now move please." My dad sighed, hesitated and moved. He knew he couldn't change her mind.

They reached the lake in Everfree Forest and sat me down on the grass near the lake and a tree. "Momma?" I said, getting worried.
My dad lowered his head to feel mine and raised his head back to normal. "Goodbye, my baby." My dad said. And they left me there and my mom didn't turn back. I frowned.

Later that night, I laid down, shivering, waiting for them to come back. A few hours went by and I started to feel tired and very cold. Soon I fell asleep. An hour after I fell asleep, I heard someone speak.

"Oh! Poor little baby!" I looked up and saw a light blue almost white unicorn with black mane and tail, her eyes were purple. "Are you all alone?" I nodded. "I'll take you in. Come with me." She nudged me and helped me up. I nodded and followed her.

We got to the end of the road and stopped. Infront of us is a big white castle and a bridge. My eyes widen and my mouth open in amazement. "This is where we will live." The unicorn pointed her hoof to the castle. I looked at her. "Princess?" I asked. She giggled.
"No, I work in the castle as a wizard. And I also help the magic school the princesses hold." She said. We started to walk again, crossing the bridge and getting to the castle.

We got to the castle and walked inside. We were greeted with guards. "She's with me." The unicorn told the guards and the guards backed off. "The princesses should be finishing up some work in the throne room." We walked to a big light blue door that was closed. "Wait here. I'll be right back." She winked and went into the room and closed the door most of the way, only leaving it cracked. I sat down and started to listen in. "Hello princesses." She bowed.
"Hello, Olympia." Princess Celestia said in a regal voice. Olympia stood up.
"Princesses, I have found a child in the woods, abandoned. And she is quite...unique." Olympia walked foreward. "She is a Alicorn. I never seen a young child who is a Alicorn before." I tried to listen better but ended up falling forward and into the room. The princesses and Olympia looked up. "Is tis the child?" Asked Princess Luna.
"Y-yes." Olympia said, worriedly that the princesses were gonna kick her out. Princess Luna stood up.
"Come here little one." Princess Luna said, smiling. I stood up and walked towards the princesses and Olympia. "What's your name?" She asked.
"My name is Moonlight Stardust." I said, looking down, scared I'll get scolded for listening in and falling in.
"Well, Moonlight, I am Princess Luna. This is Princess Celestia. Welcome to Canterlot." Luna said.
"Would you like to stay and live with us?" Princess Celestia asked. I smiled and nodded. "Olympia can show you where your new room is." I followed Olympia up some stairs to my new room. We got to a big light purplish-light bluish door and stopped in front of it.
"This will be your room. You wanna do the honers?" I looked at her worried because what if I mess up? My magic is out of control. "You can do it, I believe in you." She winked at me and reassured me. I closed my eyes and a little light blue ball of light came from my horn and surrounded the doorknob and the door slowly opened. The door fully opened and my magic stopped half way through as I am not that experienced yet. "Good job. I knew you can do it. You have so much potential! Don't let anyone dull your light." Olympia smiled. I walked into the room to check it out. There was a light blue balcony, a big light blue round bed with a moon shaped headboard, a light purple wardrobe that has a 5 pointed star 4 swirls and Pegasus/Alicorn wings.  There was also a huge window next to the bed. There was also another window on the other side of the room and it has a white crescent moon shape in the glass.

I looked at Olympia and nodded. And I instantly knew this was going to be a place I wanted to grow up in. A place that I am going to love.