Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Classes fly by with my mind not only sleep deprived but overwhelmed. I sleep all though study hall, was hard with phoenix sitting at the same table but I have had enough girl confusion for one day. I had another dream of Red, this time it was slightly clearer. I could almost make out details of my dream. Almost. Math was boring just a review of things I already knew. Tyler flirted with Tiffany hard core while Phoenix ignored their flirtations. I pass her a note asking if she wants a ride home. I watch the goof ball teacher draw some strange stick figure on the board anxious to get her reply. A note falls on my desk by the delivery service of other kids.

Want to ride home with me?

YES!!! Perfect timing Tyler is taking Tiffany home I really didnt want to ride the bus. ;)

Awesome Ill look forward to it, I need to go to the biology lab for them to steal my DNA first that ok?

Do you know where it is? I can take you.

Are you just sucking up because you dont want to ride the bus?

Definitely ;) is it working?

Definitely. I actually could use an escort though.

Nana wants to know if you want anything special for dinner.

Nothing comes to mind.

She said good grab something on the way home. lol your Nana cracks me up.

I guess Im taking you out for dinner.

Well this escalated quickly.

Sure did, thank you Nana. If you play your cards right perhaps, Ill let you kiss me again. Cant believe you took advantage of a situation like that. I liked it though.

Obviously, you liked it. You have been nonstop staring at my lips since you kissed me.

Say what you must to sleep at night. I can feel you undressing me with your eyes right now.

Yea, right. If I said the words you would be naked in a minute.

Probably less, want to time it? ;)

Keep it in your pants perv. The bell is about to ring. For the record you steal a kiss like that again I'll tell nana.

She wins, Nana would total my car. I look over at her and wink. She sticks her tongue out and makes a silly face. I scoop my things in my bag just in time for the bell to ring. I wait for her by the door as she gathers her stuff in her bag. She walks over to me slowly still chatting to Tyler. When she reaches me, he tells me a quick "later" and chases off after Tiffany. Phoenix rolls her eyes at him and looks up to me.

"Do you need anything from your locker? I have to hit mine before I take you to the Bio lab." I nod and open my arm for her to take. "Are you always a flirt?" She asks before accepting my arm.

"Normally. But I plan on always being one to you, part of the Evan charm." I look down at her and smile. There is a slight tinge to her cheeks. "What about you? Are you always hostile?"

"For the most part, adds to the Phoenix charm." I chuckle.

"That it does. Ive never quite met anyone as feisty as you." I lean on a locker while she opens hers. "Is that James?" I inquire pointing to a picture of a wide smiled bright blue-eyed guy with his arms wrapped lovingly around Phoenix. "Tyler told me a little about him. Im sorry. If you ever need someone to talk to Ill listen. I know it sometimes helps to talk about the ones we've lost to someone that never met them." I say with a gentleness I sometimes forget I have.