Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Tyler is standing on the mat by the time we get there waiting on his first opponent in the first to fist challenge I guess I'm next according to the announcer.

"Challenge Damen." Nix says quietly. I look at her confused. "I don't know if you can beat Zeke, I Know you can Damen. Odds are Zeke will call for a re-placing of Royals anyway so you will get a chance to find out. Damen needs gone; he needs banned from the tournament completely but if he remains a Royal, we can't kick him out. He smuggled roofies in. I cant prove it. If he gets booted out of royalty, then the remaining royals can ban him. He cant stay a Royal. He keeps abusing his rights and needs to be banned." I look at her again nodding once to show I understand. I look at him and notice there is a ring on his right hand, thinking back to after she whooped Chris, I remember he wasn't there.

"You have had problems with him before haven't you." I'm not asking I already know. "He hit you, didn't he? He is why you fell in the lake." She sets her jaw stubbornly refusing to answer. I nod. "Okeydokey."

"Fake left twice, powerhouse right hook, connect it solid follow through with left to seal, needs to be fluid. Keep it under a minute," she pauses, "don't lose." She doesn't meet my eyes. She looks straight ahead. I look up to see the tail end of a vulgar gesture he threw her, his eyes locked on hers.

"Keep it clean." I can barely hear her over the crowd.

"Hey!" I shout placing a foot on the mat meeting Damons' gaze. I point my finger at him. "Get up here you, obnoxious milk drinking cockalorum! Your end of reign has arrived." What? it was a vocab word. He looks confused but amused.

The announcer gives a wrap up of my challenge on the king. We stand locked eyes waiting on the ding. He runs his mouth but Im too busy fuming. How does she know he sneaks in roofies? The way she wouldn't meet my gaze. I want to kill him. I hear a ding. He dances my way with quick movements, I throw the first left as soon as he is in reach using my full span. He blocks trying to throw my balance Im already throwing another. He goes to take his shot, but my first right already connected with the left tap. His eyes roll back as he hits chin first on the mat. Nix really knew her stuff. I look up finding Nixs blue eyes in the crowd. "I love it when a man does what he's told," she mouths. I shrug. The announcer introduces me as the new king, before Tylor snags the microphone exploiting Damon for the roofies. Six people came forward from the crowd backing up the claims. Royals all voted for his removal from the party. The royalty fights go quickly none making it past Zeke in the first to fist. Submission was next and only one person made it to Lizzy, it was Mathew. He lost willingly by the looks of it. Tyler was bumped out of the Royals by a dark haired brown eyed skater girl. She went by Raven, she fought like Nix did. She has amazing balance, and really knows how to use her size and limberness to her advantage. Nix and Raven looked strangely at each other, not with hostility but fondness. Like they were lifelong friends. Nix and I decided to go dancing with Tyler, Matt, and Lizzy, on our way Raven slips something in Nix's hand discreetly. I take a sideways glance and note the gold and amber eyes during the exchange. I blink in surprise. Her eyes shift back to the blues I have grown so fond of. As soon as we reach the fire Tyler pulls Nix away giving me a goofball grin knowing Im going to hit him later for it. He tugs her away hands affectionately placed in her lower back.

"You care for her?" I look beside me seeing Zeke, the culprit of interrupting my thoughts. He is watching her fondly as Tyler twirls her expertly. You can tell they have danced together a lot. I hate it. "More than just wanting in her pants?"

"I do." I state knowing by the way he watches her he does too.

"Good. She does you too." He looks at me light blue eyes unimpressed by me. "Be good to her. I am not challenging you. The only reason I ever came was to defend her. Now it appears she has you. You fight well, but you need to be better. Humble your ego and let her teach you." I don't know if I like him or not. He seems to really care deeply for her, I'm not sure if he approves of me or not. I don't like the judgment he is radiating. He makes no attempt to move or continue talking.