chapter 3: sarahs POV

"w-where am i?" i say waking up in an unfamiliar room.

"you're in my apartment." says a strangely familiar voice.

i jump.

"who said that?"

"i did." a man emerges from the closet. i squint my eyes and soon release its "JAMES ??"

"yes."

"WHAT AM I DOING IN YOUR APARTMENT?!"

"shhh sarah" he says and tucks my hair behind my ear.

i missed the feeling of- no this is wrong.

"james i can't be here." i say, taking the blanket off of me to realize i'm clothingless. i quickly cover up.

"ben undressed you because you got dirt on your clothes when you passed out." james says.

"ben ?? uncle ben. did he see my-"

"you're nipple piercings ?? yes. he's very disappointed and upset."

i slap my hand to my face as james throws me a new dress.

"i have to get out of here." i yell quickly changing.

james watches with a frown. "you just got here. please let us catch up."

"no james. you left me, remember ?? i have places to be. i have WORK a JOB."

"where do you work ?" james asks.

"henri didn't tell you?"

he shakes his head.

i sigh "you don't need to know" i tie my hair up and run out the door and all the way home.

i live in this old lady's basement. she doesn't know i live there even though i have for 6 years. whenever i'm hungry i dig in her garbage because she's really picky so she always throws the food away.

i always wonder why she hasn't gone in her basement in 6 years. i painted the walls and everything.

i reach under my bed and pull out a box. i open it up and look inside frowning. it's full of letters i wrote to james after he left me. i dreamed of what i would say to him ?? would he rail me ?? would i hit him ?? would i even see him again ?? i definitely wasn't expecting the interaction we had. i look in the mirror at my nipple piercings and frown. i can't believe  uncle ben saw them, he's probably so disappointed.

i go to bed sad.