Chapter 6

Winter is the season of colds. Unfortunately, Dara was no exception to this. When she woke up this morning, she suddenly felt heavy, and her head was throbbing.

Ignoring it, she went back to sleep.

Until she was interrupted by the persistent calling of Bom.

"Hello?" Dara answered the phone and mumbled.

"Did I just wake you up or did you just catch a cold?" Bom heard Dara's tired voice and asked without thought.

"Both!" Dara touched her forehead; it doesn't seem like she has a fever though.

"So, can you still make it today?" Bom asked with a frown.

"Where to?" Dara thought for a minute, but she didn't remember anything special about today.

"It's the teacher's birthday." Bom reminded her.

Birthday? Dara struggled to remember. "It's Teacher Lin's birthday today?"

"Are you actually sick? Forget it, I'll just go by myself!" Bom hung up the phone, a little deflated.

After sleeping for a couple more hours, Dara felt much better. She sat up and leaned against her headboard for a while. Finally, she resolved that she wanted to go to Teacher Lin's birthday party.

After taking a hot bath, she felt a little more sober and texted Bom.

[ Give me the address of the gathering, I'm still going! ]

[ 6:00 p.m. at the Sichuan Restaurant just outside our university. ] Bom replied quickly.

Dara looked towards a clock: it was 5:30 p.m., it seems like she'll be a little late.

She never had the chance to buy a gift, so after mulling about it for a while, she finally settled on a set of skincare products Jiyong got her from America.

Driving towards her university evoked memories. Dara thought she had forgotten all this, but it seems that she just didn't dare remember.

After parking, Dara who was wrapped in several layers quickly headed for the restaurant.

"How many people?" The waiter at the front asked politely.

"Ah..." Dara had forgotten to ask Bom which room. "Which room is Lin Lin's birthday party?"

"On the 3rd floor!" The waiter replied.

After saying her thanks, Dara walked up the wooden stairs.

As Dara walked past the 2nd floor, she could already hear the lively conversations upstairs. It seems that a lot of people showed up.

"Well, look who's here!" A handsome man saw Dara entering and smiled.

Everybody in the room was vaguely familiar to Dara, but she couldn't remember most of their names. She should look over her yearbook sometime later.

"Dara you made it." The chubby Teacher Lin came up to her with a smile.

"Happy Birthday Teacher Lin! Sorry, I'm late." Dara replied, handing over the present.

"It's alright, the fact that you came is enough." Teacher Lin said.

"Dara you came. I guess your cold wasn't too serious." Bom had arrived minutes before.

"Yeah!" While taking off her coat, Dara whispered to Bom: "Why are there so many people?"

"All of our classmates who stayed in Shanghai came, it's not a lot, maybe 10?" Bom said.