Chapter 9

Dara's cold eyes made Jiyong's heart tighten. With Nana's sudden appearance and the awkward atmosphere, Jiyong suddenly felt like being a little impulsive.

"Dara-yah, come over." Jiyong lifted a hand towards her.

Dara paused, then slowly walked towards Jiyong.

"Let me introduce you, this is-"

Jiyong hadn't even finished his sentence when Nana took the initiative to stretch out a hand towards Dara. Interrupting Jiyong's introduction, she said: "Hello, I'm Nana, Jiyong's-"

"Ex-girlfriend?" Dara smiled as she cut Nana off, taking her outstretched hand for a shake.

Nana was surprised at Dara's actions and smiled awkwardly: "It seems that Jiyong mentioned me to you."

"Of course." Looking back to Jiyong, Dara continued, "I knew about you on the day we met."

Nana's face turned stiff at this. Glancing at Jiyong, she reluctantly said back, "Pediatrics still need me for some things, I'll be going first."

"Alright." Jiyong nodded.

Nana swept her gaze towards the two people holding each other's hands. With one last smile, she turned and started to walk away.

Just when Dara thought she had won the round, Nana suddenly turned back and looked at Jiyong, saying: "Right, my colleagues wanted to hold a welcoming party for me. Now that you're back, you should be free so come enjoy the night with us."

"I..."

"I checked beforehand; you don't have any scheduled surgeries. I'll see you tonight." Nana said before turning a corner, disappearing from their sight.

Dara listened to her parting words and lifted an eyebrow as she looked at Jiyong, waiting for his response.

Before Jiyong could open his mouth, the doors of the operating room opened again. Dara abandoned Jiyong and rushed to the door with Bom Park.

"Minzy, Minzy." The two each took a side and looked down at their friend.

"Don't worry, the mother's condition has stabilized and when the anesthetic wears off, she'll wake up. Let us move her to a room first." The doctor explained as he pushed the bed.

The crowd thanked the doctor and followed the bed through the ward.

Jiyong saw that Dara was leaving. He rubbed his forehead: He didn't know if he just got lucky or not.

At this time, a sneaky figure peeked behind a corner before rushing towards Jiyong: "Did you see?"

Jiyong lacked any mercy as he raised a hand to hit the man running towards him: "So you knew, why didn't you tell me in advance."

Seungri dodged the hit and quickly explained: "I only found out about it two days ago! I wanted to tell you but since you were facing Dara's parents, I didn't want to burden you. I was going to tell you the moment you came back to the hospital, but I had surgery earlier in the morning. Look at me, I'm still wearing my scrubs."

Jiyong gave him a look, ah it was useless to stay and chat, he needed to find Dara.

"where are you going?" Seungri followed Jiyong, sniffing for gossip. "You haven't told me what happened when they met. Did they fight? Man, when I saw I didn't dare come out."

Seungri, you just live for this type of excitement, don't you?" Jiyong raged.

"Yes, I do." Seungri readily admitted this with a straight face.