O T H E R one

A shiver runs down my spine as we make eye contact. His mouth pulls into his sexy half-smile as he beckons me with one finger. Without hesitation, I push my way through the crowd to where he stands at the bottom of the stairs.

"You look so good tonight," he says into my ear, over the music and partying masses. He grabs my waist and pulls me into his chest, rubbing his hand down my ass, squeezing me. "Want a refill?" He asks nodding toward my empty red cup.

"Please" I smile up at him. God, he's gorgeous. Blue eyes, dark hair, tan skin, and a jawline that could cut glass. Fuck. He wraps his muscular arm over my shoulders and leads me to the kitchen. Empty bottles and red solo cups litter the sticky countertop of the frat house kitchen. I wrinkle my nose at the gross mess everywhere. As a senior, dirty frat houses and belligerently drunk college kids are becoming increasingly annoying. I only come to these parties because of Noah.

Noah.

The object of my affections. The only boy I've ever looked at since we met, in a situation almost exactly like the one we are in now. Two weeks into freshman year my dorm roommate and soon-to-be best friend, Sierra, convinced me to go to a party on sorority row. Standing in a filthy kitchen, surrounded by screaming, partying kids, I looked up and saw him. Noah Johansson. The rookie that would become the star of Bruins football. We slept together that night. The first of many hookups we would share through the years. He was always honest with me about his stance on relationships and dating. Basically, he wasn't into it. "We're way too young to be settled down with one person," he told me "these are our years to explore and have fun." I remember nodding my head, agreeing with him, my head acting with a mind of its own. The truth is, I've always wanted Noah but for reasons I still don't understand, I told him I felt the same way he did. Now, nearly four years later, here we are, in exactly the same position. We sleep together, sometimes often, sometimes months in-between. He sleeps with other girls and I pretend that I don't care. I silently want him so bad that it hurts. I turn down every guy that asks me for a date. I know it's stupid but I want to be available whenever he calls me.

"Come with me," he says, pulling me from my thoughts. I nod as he grabs my hand and leads me back upstairs. He checks a few rooms down the long hallway before finding an empty one.

Pulling me in he shuts the door behind me and pushes me up against it. My breath catches in my throat. He presses his lips against mine.

"Fuck, Evie, you knew exactly what you were doing when you put this dress on, didn't you?" He says into my mouth, his voice hoarse and breathy.

I did. I knew exactly what I was doing. Instead of a reply, I push my tongue into his mouth, massaging his while reaching down and palming his already rock-hard length through his jeans. He pulls my dress up to my waist, exposing my tiny g-string.

He groans as he pushes his fingers into my panties, gathering my wetness on his fingers before moving to my circle around my clit. "Fuck, Noah, that feels so good" I moan loudly into the room. He spins me around so that I'm facing the door. He wraps one arm around my shoulders, and one around my hip, moving his hand back into my panties. He holds me, pinned against him while he grinds his hips into my ass, rubbing his length against me.

I lean my forehead into the door as my legs begin to shake.

"Oh, fuck, that's it Evie. Come all over my fingers" he groans out between ragged breaths. With my insides still clenching he pulls my panties down and shoves his pants down after pulling a condom from his wallet. Quickly sliding the condom on he rams into me with such force my chest hits the door.

"Oh, God, Noah" I moan, thankful for the loud music blasting through the house.

Our moans and labored breathing fill the room as he thrusts into me. His pace is fast and unrelenting. I feel the pit of my stomach begin to burn. I know I'm close.

"Fucking shit" he moans against my ear "you feel so good." I clench around him, bringing him to his peak as I reach mine. We both moan loudly as we shiver, leaning against the door, taking a moment to calm down before we move.

He places a quick kiss on my forehead and I can't help but lean into him. After quickly fixing our clothes, we both look at each other for a moment. I search his eyes, for anything, for some small shred of emotion other than lust.

"Ready to head back down?" He asks "should be about time to start drunk trivia." He smiles as he opens the door and disappears down the hallway. I quickly adjust my dress again, making sure everything is in place before I rush out behind him.

"NoJo!" I hear someone drunkenly yell as we walk down the stairs, undoubtedly someone from the football team "just in time for drunk trivia!"

"Hey, Evangeline" I turn around to see Jackson Lindsey, another football player, Noah's freshman dorm roommate.

"Are you coming to tutor me this Sunday, I'll order pizza?" He asks with a smile.

"Yes, of course" I answer.

I tutor several football players in different science and mathematics courses. Most of the football players live in a big house just down the street from all of the frat houses. I never miss an opportunity to help when they ask. I know it's completely pathetic, but when I'm there, if Noah comes home or out of his room, he will sit and talk to me for a while.

Fucking.pathetic.loser.

I started tutoring Noah in our sophomore year. When he asked me to help another friend, then another, then another, I eventually became the unofficial UCLA football team tutor.

He's always been a good friend. We don't just fuck. We've shared meals, laughs, watched movies, and studied together. The more time I spend with him, the more I get to know him, the more I like him. He even introduced me to his parents after a football game last year. Sierra warned me not to think too much about it, after all, he had only introduced me as a friend.

I sit down on the arm of the couch next to Sierra, who gives me a knowing look. She can tell what we've been doing. She gives me a small smile as she rubs my leg. She knows how I feel about Noah. She knows how much I want him to want me, to realize that I care for him, and to realize he feels the same. She never judges me or makes me feel stupid about it, which is nice since I judge myself for it enough.

"I want Evie and Sie on my team," Noah says over the crowd.

"No, no, no, no, not this time NoJo!" Another football player, Dylan, yells out "you don't get the dream team this time you fucking cheater. It's not fair that you always win" he says before sliding onto the floor in front of our legs. "I'm going to be on their team this time, fucker" he yells as he lays his head on Sierra's lap and looks up at us with dreamy eyes "hey gorgeous teammates, let's crush this!"

I look up at Noah and shrug as he clutches his chest. "Evie, you're abandoning me?" He asks with a laugh. I bite my lip and hate myself for the way my heart flutters. Before I can respond Dylan replies, "Yes, she's mine tonight!"