O T H E R ten

Sierra's POV

Closing my laptop I roll my stiff neck from side to side. Looking across the crowded coffeehouse before standing to pack my things, I spot him. He's already looking at me. 

I give him the meanest glare I can conjure up. If looks could kill, he would, at the very least, be in excruciating pain.

It's been a week since he broke Evangeline's heart in the hallway of our apartment building and my anger has not subsided, at all.

She's going to be ok, she just got accepted to the program of her dreams and eventually she will forget all about him. I'm not ready to let him off the hook yet though. He excuses himself from his group and walks over to me. I'm still angrily shoving my things into my bag.

"Hey, Sierra" he says quietly as he rocks uncomfortably from his heels to the balls of his feet. I can see the guilt on his face. He feels bad. Good, fucking prick.

"Um, hows" he begins before I cut him off. I'm not going to go easy on him.

"Don't you dare, Noah. Don't you dare ask me 'how she is' you asshole" 
He purses his lips.

"What you did was so completely fucked up. She was drunk and emotional, she shouldn't have said what she said and she knows that. But you, you weren't drunk" I say, pointing my finger at him "you're allowed to like who you like, you can't make yourself feel things for Evie that you don't, but you didn't have to kick her while she was down." 

"Sierra, I didn't know how she felt about me" he tries to explain.

I feel my rage boiling up inside me. How dare he stand in front of me and act like he's somehow innocent here, like he didn't know what was going on.

"Oh no. Fuck that. You're not stupid Noah. She may have never said the words but you knew. You never stopped to wonder all these years why she was always available when you called? Fridays at 8pm, she was never on a date. Saturday at 2am after you struck out at a party, you'd call her, she was never with someone else. Or why she would give up so many of her weekends to tutor you and your friends? You can't be that fucking dumb. She sat around for four years,  waiting for you, hoping you would want her the way she wants you." 

"I told her" he stammers "I told her I didn't want a relationship."

"Interesting, because you're in one now aren't you?" I say "you didn't want a relationship with her, Noah. You liked to fuck her but you didn't want her. You said you didn't want a relationship but you were juuuust sweet enough to keep her on the hook. You allowed the lines to blur. You spent countless nights with her, you would come over, drunk, and ask her to rub your head while you fell asleep, let her take care of you. She wasn't your girlfriend but she wasn't just a fuck buddy. You didn't want to be committed to her but you liked the way she made you feel. How she cared for you, how she wanted you. You used her. She boosted your ego. You got to have your cake and eat it too. Fuck around with whoever you wanted then come back to her to be cared for" I'm seething, I know people are staring but I can't bring myself to care.

"It's your fault that she held out hope. Your words and your actions didn't match up."

He sighs, looking at the ground "I never wanted to hurt her."

I scoff "Well, you did! Her speaking to your girlfriend aside, she has been nothing but good to you for four years. You ripped her to shreds. You insulted her and called her names. Fuck you, Noah."

He runs his hands over his face. "I know I shouldn't have called her a bitch, I was just so angry. I want to apologize to her."

"If you don't want to continue hurting her, leave her alone. Don't call her.  Don't text her. Don't like her fucking Instagram posts. Disappear. Don't give her any more hope that you reciprocate her feelings for you. Go be happy with your girlfriend and let her move on. Let her find someone who wants her like she deserves. Someone who isn't going to sleep with her for years then toss her aside like trash."
Not wanting to look at him for another second longer I grab my bag from the table.
As I turn to walk away a nearby table of girls starts to clap. I smile and curtsey before flipping Noah the bird and walking out the door.