The Note

The next week felt like forever for both of them but when Friday finally came, it was like Christmas came early that year. As soon as school ended, Holly dashed back home in no time, in got all her stuff together, grabbed some money, jumped in her mom's car, prepared to speed out of Philadelphia all the way to New York within that afternoon. Unfortunately, she was stopped by her mom before she had the chance to leave.

Nora: Where do you think you're going?

Holly: I told you, I'm going to see Angela for our sleepover.

Nora: No, you didn't and I know where you're going.

Holly: Where am I going, mom?

Nora: You're going to New York to visit your brother.

Holly: I don't really see a problem with this.

Nora: The problem is that you didn't tell me. I could've been stuck home, worried sick about you while you're off having fun with Chandler and his friends!

Holly: If you knew where I was going, why would you be worried sick?

Nora:... You wouldn't have known that I knew where you were going...! *sigh* Here.

She handed her a big wad of cash.

Nora: Book yourself a room in a nice hotel. I don't want you to have to stay in those sleazy apartments they have there.

Holly: Thanks, Mom.

Holly started pulling out of the driveway.

Nora: You're paying for gas yourself!

Holly waved her purse in the air for her mom to see.

Nora: That's my girl!

She sped out of Philly all the way to beautiful New York, her home away from home! With the help of a map she brought with her, she navigated her way through the West Village to Joey's apartment. She found a nearby parking lot and headed up to his apartment. To her surprise, the door was unlocked and he wasn't in when she got there so she left him a note and a pastrami sandwich. The note read, "Hi Joey, It's me, Holly. Just wanted to let you know that I'm back in town for the weekend and I'd love to hang out when you get back. ~Holly."

She left that and the sandwich on the kitchen counter for when he got back. She didn't want to wait there for him in case someone thought she broke in and called the police on her so she decided to go to the university and hang out with Chandler and Ross for a while. She knocked on their door but found that Chandler was off at his part-time job at a video store so it was just Ross there.

Ross: Holly! What are you doing here?

Holly: I'm gonna be in town for the weekend! Is Chandler in?

Ross: No, he's at work. Do you wanna hang out?

Holly: Yeah, I was thinking we could go to the park?

Ross: Yeah, that sounds great!

They walked to the park and since it was such a beautiful day, Holly couldn't help but just look around at how wonderfully beautiful everything was. It was getting a little late into the day when they were still in the park and Ross started getting a little worried.

Ross(singing) Chandler said to be home by sundown.

Holly: (singing) Chandler doesn't need to know.