3 Years Later

(A/N: I am so sorry for having that long a break but I hope this chapter will make up for it. Also, artwork taken from SVTFOE and edited by me)

(This takes place in 1992)

It was one boring snowy afternoon at home where Holly was forced to stay in because her mom didn't want her getting a cold before George's big Christmas gala when her mother burst into her room while she was listening to Cyndi Lauper so she had to quickly scramble to turn off her Walkman.

Nora: Hello, my little princess!

Holly: Hi, mom.

Nora: Aren't you excited about George's Christmas Gala he's throwing in your honour?

Holly: Over the moon, mom.

Nora: And you've been listening to classical songs on your little music player in preparation!

Holly: Nonononono, wait!

She picked up her Walkman and headphones and heard Girls Just Wanna Have Fun playing.

Nora: What-What is this? What am I hearing?

Holly: It's Cyndi Lauper.

Nora: Why listen to Cyndi Lauper when Mozart is so sophisticated. Here, give your eardrums a break.

She passed Holly a cassette with a bunch of Mozart pieces on them.

Holly: Sometimes I wonder how I'm even biologically related to you.

Nora: Trust me, honey, I've wondered far too much myself.

She waited for her mom to leave the room before she tossed the Mozart cassette on her desk and kept listening to Cyndi Lauper and dancing.

Later that night, her mom came into her room again, holding a large ruffled blue dress with white layering at the bottom and snowflakes embroidered into it.

Nora: Isn't it beautiful?

Holly:... That's a word for it.

Nora: C'mon, get dressed! It's nearly time for the gala!

Holly: Mom, I can't go in that! I'm not getting married!

Nora quietly: Maybe not today...

Holly: What was that?

Nora: Nothing. Time to get whisked away into your winter wonderland with your prince charming!

Holly: Yeah, I need to talk to you about something, mom.

Holly went behind her folding screen while her mom gave her the dress.

Nora: What is it this time?

Holly: I've been thinking about breaking up with George.

Nora: What?! But why? I thought you were so happy together!

Holly: Not really. We hardly have anything in common, he's the longest rebound I've ever had and I honestly don't really like spending time with him. The only thing I kind of like about him is the-

Nora: Yes, we know what you like about him. But is that really worth breaking up such a wonderful relationship?

Holly:...Yes! Yes, it is! I'm not happy with him and I think he actually wants to get married! He's always saying this stuff about how much he's looking forward to what the future has in store for us and how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me!

Nora: But isn't that great?

Holly: I'm twenty one! I wanna get married when I'm thirty or something! And something about you has been bothering me lately.