Prom Dress

A/N: I'm not the biggest fan of this chapter but I wanted to get it out as soon as it was done because I felt bad that I left it on a bit of an awkward note in the last chapter but I'll probably do a ton of edits on this in the future. I hope you enjoy.

Holly was packing her bags for her next trip to New York and rummaging around her closet for a normal dress to go to a formal but she was having a tough time finding one through all the oversized, puffy sleeved debutant gowns and eventually found a dress that was perfect. It was a sleeveless seafoam coloured dress with a calf-length skirt and ruffles around the bust.

 It was a sleeveless seafoam coloured dress with a calf-length skirt and ruffles around the bust

Holly: Mom! Haven't you heard of knocking?

Nora: What's that you've got there?

Holly: It's nothing. It's not important.

Nora: That looks like a nice casual dress. But why are you only wearing it now?

Holly:... I'm going on a date with one of the boys from the country club and I got this out because I think he might like it.

Nora: Oh my stars! Are you finally considering going out with that wonderful George Gray?

Holly: Ew! No! Never! It's this nice guy called Bud.

Nora: Funny, he sounds like a-

Holly: Dud, I know. But he's a very caring guy and I'd just like to see how it goes.

Nora: Whatever you want, sweetie.

Holly: Sure.

When the night of the dance finally came, Holly had prim and prepped herself to perfection with her hair neatly curled at the ends and tucked on her left shoulder with a blue seafoam butterfly burette in her hair. When she stepped into the hall, there were fairy lights as far as the eye could see and streamers and paper chains on the ceiling all connected to a beautiful disco ball that was shining across the room. Joey spotted her right by the door and almost ran up to her. When he got up to her, he got a good look at her and really noticed how amazing she looked.

Joey: Wow, you look... amazing.

Holly: Thanks. You look great as always... Sorry, that was a weird thing to say!

Joey: No, it's sweet. Thanks.

He handed her the corsage he got for her.

Joey: It's a shame it doesn't match your dress.

Holly: It's still beautiful.

She extended her gloved arm out and Joey put on her corsage. They then took each other by the hand and went over to the dance floor. They jammed to the snappy pop songs and when it was time for the slow dance, someone on an announcer spoke out over the crowds of people.

Announcer: Hey, party people! Now's the part of the night everyone either loves or hates: The slow dance! Grab your plus one and whoever dances the best will be voted prom queen and king! Let's go!