The Well

Greenwich University, Location: London, England

"...an enormous mess to clean up," Simmons said. "Don't say I never gave you anything," Ward said, dumping another pile of rubble. "Checking for alien spectrographic signatures one teeny rock at a time," Fitz muttered. "Necessary precaution. We don't want anything alien getting in the wrong hands," Ward said. "Aliens. Why does it have to be aliens? Why can't it be...I dunno, puppies, r something?" I muttered.

"Still, this is definitely the type of work a monkey could easily do," Fitz said. "You're our little monkey," Ward told him. "Talk to who?" Ward asked Simmons, whose phone had just gone off. "Mum and Dad. They want explanations and answers for...well, all this. But I don't have any answers. And, more importantly, I haven't talked to them since I was ill. And if they knew that, they'd be even more terrified. So, you know...why waste any of our time, really?" Simmons asked. "I am gonna go deliver this bucket to the tarps," I said, picking up the heaviest one and carrying it towards where the tarps were.

"You guys may think it's old news, but it's new...news to everyone else. So, Asgardians are aliens from another planet that visited us thousands of years ago?" Skye said. "Or more," Coulson said, picking up another object and placing it in the bucket she was carrying. "And because we couldn't understand aliens, we thought they were gods?" Skye asked. "That's where our Norse Mythology comes from," Coulson answered. "That's crazy. Do you think other deities are aliens, too? Vishnu for sure, right?" She speculated.

"You know, it'd be nice if, for once, Thor and his people sent down the God of Cleaning up After Yourself. They probably have a magic broom for this sort of thing," He said. "I just wish they'd left their alien ship behind," She said. "So we can clean that up too?" May asked. "I come, bearing more work," I said, entering the hallway they were located. "So we could go inside, get a peek under the hood, maybe take her for a spin. Come on, you're telling me piloting an alien spaceship isn't on your bucket list?" Skye asked.

"I can't think of a single time when anything alien in human hands ended well," Coulson said. "Wouldn't mind getting my human hands on Thor. He's so dreamy," Skye said. "Sure, he's handsome, but--" Coulson started. "No. He's dreamy," May cut him off, and Coulson looked at me. "Don't look at me, I've never seen the guy," I shrugged.

-

Trillemarka National Park, Location: Norway

"I can climb it if you want. Just talk me through what to do with the...doodads. Yeah, it's only about 15 feet," Ward offered. "I'll be fine. I'm--I'm just a bit more wary about the height thing since falling to certain death," Simmons admitted. "You're afraid. Hmm? Shaken up? It's normal. But some feelings will take over if you dwell on them. Especially fear. Now, keep your eyes ahead..." I tuned out what Ward was saying, gripping the rope attached to Simmons a little tighter. I gave her more and more rope as she climbed higher up the fallen tree. "Bailey, take a look at this," Coulson said, holding out his phone. 

"Come over here," I said, and he showed me the news footage on his phone. We are gods was burned into the street. Simmons finished with her doodads and stood back up. "Alright, Simmons. Jump towards me, I'll make sure you won't fall," I said. "Are you sure?" She asked hesitantly.

"Absolutely," I said, and she jumped with a little yelp. I pulled back, hard, on the rope, easing her to the ground. "Wrap up, team. We need to head back to the Bus," Coulson said, as Simmons unattached herself from the rope, which I wrapped up and handed to the cop beside me. "What are we dealing with?" I asked her as we walked back. "A staff of Asgardian origin. Oh, Asya, isn't this exciting?" She said wistfully.

"Depends on your definition of exciting,"

-

The Bus, Location: Classified