Chapter Sixteen

The sun shines through the window and I squint. I try to get up, but feel an arm wrapped tight around me. He pulls me in tighter, and I feel his hardened length against my backside.

"Someone is happy this morning."

"Mmm, good morning, love." He says as he nuzzles into the back of my neck and kisses it. I turn around in his grasp and kiss his lips. It soon becomes heated as he flipped us over and is thrusting deep inside me. I reach around and grip into his back scratching my nails up. I hear him hiss, and soon we are coming together and he lays his head in the crook of my neck as we try to catch our breaths.

"Now that is a good wake up call." I smile as I rub his back.

"Yes, it is. I could get used to this."

"I am hungry. Do you want breakfast? I will head down and start."

"I'll be down in a minute."

I head down to the kitchen to start breakfast. I had gotten the sausage started and was mixing the eggs when Jacob came in. He came over and kissed my temple, and went to start the coffee pot.

"I've been thinking."

"About what, love?"

"I think it's time for me to go back to work. I feel like I am ready."

'Are you sure? You know you can stay here as long as you want."

"I know, but I feel like I have to do this. I can't hide away and let him win. I have to do this for me."

"Okay, if that is what you want. I am proud of you. You are a strong and beautiful woman and I love you so much."

"I love you too." he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. He softly kissed my lips. We sat down and ate breakfast, and soon Brad came walking in.

"Hey Jess, how are you doing today?"

"I am doing much better and ready to head back to work."

"That's great. Crystal will be glad to see you home. She misses you."

"I miss her too."

"So we have a big event in Texas in a month and I want you to come with me." Jacob adds.

"I would love to come with you, and see you ride."

"That is awesome. I will have my good luck charm with me." He smiles as he kisses my cheek. Thank goodness it is Sunday and I can start back to work on a Monday. As the guys go out to take care of some things at the barn, I head up to start packing up my things. I am really going to miss it here. It is so peaceful and I will miss falling asleep and waking up in his arms. I really need to get back to work though. I am tired of feeling helpless. Eventually the guys come back in and Jacob loads my bags into his truck and we head back to my house. Once we get there he carries my bags to my room and we head back downstairs.

"I will see you this weekend?" he asks.

"Yes, you will." We walk out to his truck and he leans against it pulling me against him and wrapping his arms around me.

"It's so hard to go. I don't want to leave you."

'I don't want you to go either but, I will be alright. I need to do this. I can't be scared forever."

"My strong brave girl. I guess I will go. I love you."

"I love you too. Be safe driving home. I will see you this weekend." He slowly climbs into his truck and starts to head home. I stand in the driveway watching him drive away until I can't see him anymore. I then walk into the house and sit down next to Crystal.

"I am so glad to have you home. How are you feeling?" she asks.

"I am feeling great. Jacob is so great, taking care of me. He never pressured me for anything. He let me take my time. I hated leaving him. I got so used to him being around."

"Girl, you have it so bad. He loves you so much."

I know. He told me last night." She squealed and hugged me.

"I am so happy for you. You deserve someone like him."

"Thank you. Speaking of, how are you and Brad doing?"

"We are fine. I just don't know. I'm just not used to a guy like him. He scares me."

"Aw, don't think you don't deserve a nice guy too?"

"I know. I'm just used to a bad boy. I don't know how to handle him." She lets out a small laugh.

We have a relaxing day around the house and I head to bed early. I text Jacob to tell him good night.

'Hey cowboy, I wanted to tell you thank you again and that I am heading to bed early to get ready for tomorrow.'

'You are so welcome and it was no problem. I will do anything for you without hesitation. Sweet dreams and I love you.'

'Sweet dreams and I love you too.' The next morning I get up and start my usual routine and head into work. I go into my office and it is decorated with welcome back signs and the most beautiful arrangement of flowers.

 I go into my office and it is decorated with welcome back signs and the most beautiful arrangement of flowers

I know who they are from. It reminds me of the country. I walk over and pull the card to read it.

Card- I hope you have a wonderful day, doll. You are so strong and brave. I love you.

I smile as I palace the card down on my desk and place my things down to get started. I grab a notepad and pen and head into Mr. Johnston's office.

"Good morning sir. Shall we get started?"

"Oh, my. You're back. I am so happy. Have a seat, we need to talk about this." I take a seat nervously.

So we have been in contact with the police and Tony's trial is next week and you need to be there. I will be taking this on personally. I want to fry this bastard.

"Oh my. Thank you Mr. Johnston. I didn't think about having to see him again."

"Don't worry. I have been talking with your boyfriend and he knows all about it. He said he will be there when it's time. I told him not to tell you and I would let you know myself when you came back in. I didn't want this to upset you so soon."

"Thank you,." We got on with the rest of the day. The next few weeks went on with no problems, and soon it was the day of the trial. True to his word, Jacob was there and he sat behind me in the courtroom. I was a little scared of being on the stand but seeing Jacob helped me be brave. We got through the trial and Tony was sentenced to ten years for assault and battery. Mr. Johnston was right. They threw the book at him even though they could only get one charge to stick.

It was soon time to head out to Texas and Mr. Johnston has given me that Thursday through Monday to go with Jacob and Brad. Brad had even asked Crystal to go and she agreed. We packed our bags and headed off to Jacob's since we leave early in the morning. It was so great to be in his arms again. He helps us place our baggage in his truck and head back into the house to fix dinner. Soon we all head to our rooms and climb into bed. We set our alarms for early and fell asleep in his arms.