Chapter 1

3rd POV:

It was a normal camp morning.

Max woke up, started his coffee maker, and put on his hoodie.

"I wonder what shit we're gonna get into today." he thought as he took a sip of his coffee.

He walked out of his tent and started heading to the mess hall for breakfast.

He saw both David and Gwen up on ladders, putting a poster up above the mess hall.

"What the fuck are you guys doing up there?" Max asked, "Did you finally decide to just kill yourselves?"

David turned and saw Max, "Oh, good morning Max!" he said with a smile, "And no, it's actually quite the opposite! It's a VERY special day today!"

Gwen kept working on the poster and sighed, "It's Space Kid's birthday today so we're gonna celebrate." she explained, sounding tired.

"Yup!" David said as he came down the ladder, "This is going to be the best birthday party ever!"

Max gave a confused look, "A- a what?"

"A birthday party?" David repeated.

"What the fuck is a birthday party?" Max asked, as the words he said felt weird in his mouth.

Gwen jolted up a bit and looked down at Max, "What did you just say?" she asked.

Max felt embarrassed that he should've known what a birthday party is. He bit his lip and quickly changed the subject, "I didn't say anything!" he yelled, "Whatever, I'm just gonna go get breakfast."

Max went into the mess hall, leaving David and Gwen with confused looks.

"Did Max just say what I think he said?" David asked.

Gwen came down the ladder and stood beside David, "I think so, but-"

"Max didn't swear in those last sentences!" David said excitedly

Gwen facepalmed, "God you're blind to all the negativity around you." Gwen said and sighed, "We'll just deal with it later, right now we got to deal with Space Kid."

David saluted and smiled, "Ok Gwen!"

~

All day, the campers did birthday activities with Space Kid for his birthday. But you could tell that Max seemed confused with all that went on.

Most of the party games were new to him, which brought up some attention from the other campers. He just decided to skip them.

When it was time for Space Kid to open his presents, Max asked, "What the fuck are we doing now?"

"We're gonna watch Space Kid open his presents Max." David said.

"Why the fuck are we doing that?!"

"First off, it makes the birthday boy feel special when he's opening his presents with his friends." David explained, "And second, language."

Max rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands in his hoodie pocket. He watched as Space Kid opened his presents and felt, weird.

Lastly, "Ok you little twerps!" Gwen announced, "Time for cake!"

"Cake?" Max thought as his eyes lit up, "Maybe this party won't be shit after all!"

He stood up and ran to the table where the birthday cake was. He looked at the cake and grinned.

He was about to grab a knife to cut it, when a hand stopped him, "Now now Max, you know the birthday rule!" David said.

"The what?" Max asked.

"The birthday kid ALWAYS gets the first slice!" David said with a smile, "PLUS, we have to sing the Birthday Song first!"

"The WHAT?!" Max asked again, this time sounding pissed.

The whole camp, except Max, sang for Space Kid. Max just glared at everyone with a confused look on his face.

Afterwards, while eating cake, Nikki and Neil cake over to Max.

"Hey Max!" Nikki said with chocolate all over her face, "I saw you weren't singing with us, are you secretly good at singing but too embarrassed to show anyone?!"

"What? NO!" Max said, "I just- I didn't-"

"You didn't what Max?" Neil asked.

"UGH! NOTHING!" Max yelled as he stuck his fork into the wooden table and stormed off into his tent.

Max threw himself onto his bed and grabbed his teddy bear from under the pillow.

He looked at it and asked, "Mr. Honeynuts, what's a birthday party?" with tears starting to form in his eyes.