Chapter 5

3rd POV:

It had been thirty minutes and Gwen had lost control of all the campers.

They were getting kind of bored, so to stop them from leaving, she just let them start eating Max's cake.

But that was a huge mistake cause they were all now on a sugar rush and yelling, and running around the mess hall.

Gwen just sat at the table and tried to stay calm, "LISTEN HEAR YOU LITTLE SHITS!" she yelled, "DAVID'S GONNA BE HERE SOON, AND WHEN HE SEES YOU ALL LIKE THIS HE'S GONNA-"

"WHO THE FUCK STARTED EATING MY CAKE WITHOUT ME?!" a voice interrupted her.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over to see where the voice was coming from.

"MAX!" they all said with a smile, happy to see their friend back.

Max just smirked at them, "Like I was gonna leave you morons to open up all my presents."

David then poked his head out next to Max, "Room for two more?" he asked.

"Oh thank God David!" Gwen said and ran to him, "I think I'm gonna need another fucking vacation." she said, grabbing David's shirt and falling to the ground.

"HA! In your dreams bitch!" Max said.

Gwen looked at Max with daggers in her eyes, "This is all your fault you little twerp!"

"Whoa!" Max said sarcastically, "I'm just an innocent ten year old who has a tragic back story! You can't hurt me!"

Gwen was about to strangle him but David stopped her. Max laughed at her defeat and Gwen just flipped the finger at him and sat back down at a table.

"Wait," Neil asked, "If it's Max's birthday then why would he say he's still ten?"

Max looked at David and David gave him a nod saying that he should tell them. Max sighed and looked at everyone, "Well you see guys..."

time skip~

"And that's why I ran away." Max finished.

"Sheesh, that's one fucked up life you got there." Neil said.

"Yeah," Max said, poking at his slice of cake, "I have some shitty parents."

David then came and gave Max a big hug, "But Max is ok guys, cause he has all of us."

Everyone then crowded behind Max and gave him a big hug. Max gave a small smile but it only took one second for him to turn back to normal, "NOW GET THE FUCK OFF ME SO I CAN ENJOY MY CAKE!" he yelled.

Everyone immediately stepped back and left him alone.

"So Max," Nikki said, "If you don't know when your birthday is, why don't you decide yourself?"

"That's actually a good idea Nikki." Gwen said, a bit surprised.

"How about TODAY?!" David said with a big smile.

Max smiled back at him, "You mean right after Space Kid's birthday?"

David nodded back at him excitedly.

Max laughed and glared at him, "Jesus Christ David! Do you even fucking know me?! FUCK, NO!"