Chapter 3

Max's POV:

I woke up and saw Mr. Honeynuts in front of my face. I quickly jolted up and grabbed him, "What are you doing out here? Someone could see you!" I said and quickly shoved him under my pillow.

I then remembered what happened yesterday and sighed. I lifted up my pillow and looked at him, "Thanks." I told him with a smile.

After that I immediately went back to my normal, grumpy face to make sure no one saw this side of me. I put my hoodie on and walked out of the tent for breakfast.

I didn't see anyone outside going to go get breakfast but I just shrugged it off.

I opened the doors to the shitty mess hall and I froze at the sight.

It looked just like yesterday. They just had a party yesterday, why would they have another one today? Don't those assholes fucking know the camp's low on money?

"What the fuck is this?" I asked.

Everyone then noticed that I had come in. I heard David whisper to everyone, "Ok everyone! 3, 2, 1!"

"SURPRISE!" they all shouted.

What the-

I was so confused, were they trying to give me a heart attack or something?

"Happy birthday Max!" I heard David say afterwards.

My heart suddenly stopped beating.

Birth-day?

Is that what this shit was?

I looked around and saw Harrison pull flowers out of his hat and presents and cake were on the table.

I wasn't used to all of this attention and people showing sympathy towards me.

My eye sight started to get blurry and I felt like I was going to throw up.

"So, what do you think Max?" David asked.

"Uhhh...." is all I could say. I stepped back a bit, my back hitting the doors.

"Max? Are you alright?" David asked.

My face started to feel wet from what could've been sweat or tears and I couldn't fucking take it anymore.

I tried to say something, "I- I-" but my legs moved faster then my mouth.

I opened one of the doors and bolted outside.

"MAX WAIT!" I heard David cry out in the far distance. I ignored him and kept running.

I ran as far as I could into the forest until my fucking legs hurt. I stopped and leaned against a tree.

I looked back to see if anyone had followed me but I didn't see anyone. I sighed and sat down to take a breather.

But as I tried to calm down, I started to hyperventilate.

Shit.

I put my hands to my heart, trying to slow down my heart beat but it just beated faster and faster.

It felt like I couldn't breathe and the world started to spin around.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

My head then hit the group and my eye sight was going in and out.

The last word I heard was, "MAX!"

And then...

Nothing