five

5
Headlines

Casually strolling to History Of Magic by myself, wondering where Draco was; as he always walked to this class with me and we'd take ages to get there.

Passing a left corridor, only a few steps away from Professor Binns boring class, I'm stopped in my path by no other than Pansy Parkinson. With a smug expression plastered on her face, she throws an old newspaper in my face.

The front page headlines read, "THE DARK LORD RETURNS; WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?" and "THE DARK LORD'S DAUGHTER SECRETLY HELPING HIM."

Groaning with annoyance, I begin hesitantly skimming through the second headlines paragraph.

"Korinna Sage Riddle, The Dark Lord's only daughter, is no secret to the wizarding world. And with new terrifying rumours that she's secretly doing her father's destructive work inside of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"Splitting imagine of Tom Riddle, does she hold his dark magic greed within her too?"

"Likely extremely more dangerous than The Dark Lord himself."

"Riddle and Malfoy, the offspring of two powerful families, have a plan to destroy Hogwarts?"

"Will these rumours bring the Dark Lord's daughters Mother back from her fifteen year disappearance?"

Throwing the newspaper back in Pansy's face with rage, tears burning my eyes as they tried to force themselves out. Taking a deep, shaky breath, I glare at Pansy.

"What the fuck is this?!" I shout, absolutely destroyed.

Pansy smirks, "Kiss Draco again, Riddle, and I'll have you expelled." She laughs lightly, staring back at me with pure revenge. "Rita Skeeter honestly loved all the things I told her."

Filled with anger, I stay quiet and just glare at her with disbelief. Storming off to class, hoping it would clear my mind, with Pansy close behind as we had the same class. Frustrated, I enter the room and all confused students eye's dart to me. Ignoring them as I sit in the available seat beside Draco.

He glances at me subtly, knowing that I usually lash out on anyone when I'm angry and it doesn't matter who, then Pansy abruptly throws the newspaper full of lies in front of Draco.

"You know it's fucking lies, Pansy." I blurt, my fists balled and my knuckles swiftly turning white with strain.

"Of course they are. Only speculation." Pansy smiles innocently.

"Miss Riddle, no hollering in this classroom, thank you." Professor Binns peeks up the top of his small brim glasses, before shepherding the class to resume reading and interpreting the textbook.

Analyzing Draco's expression, he switches from boredom to mere resentment upon reading the insulting phrase, his hands grasp the newspaper tighter, and his eyebrows furrow sternly.

Silence, there were no words... Not even a long sigh or deep breathe. He still-ly sat there quietly, staring out into space. Yes, I was feeling miserable. Pansy dragged him into our drama or whatever youd call it, and herself between Draco and me. She seemed too smug the entire tedious lesson, thoroughly pleased of herself. Not a slight indication of guilt reflected at all in her hazel eyes.

Pansy cheated on him last year, does she really expect him to go back to her?! Is she crazy? What was going on in her head wasn't right, and I needed to sort everything out before it got nastier.

The bells loud rings echo through the chill room, students hurriedly chuck the large History of Magic textbook in their bags before rushing out the room.

Pansy anxiously glances back at Draco and I as we stroll out the room, before rushing off herself.

"What the fuck was that?" Draco asks, his voice booming through the corridor as he stops and glares at me.

"I don't fucking know, Pansy knows about last night and obviously made up some bullshit." I reply back agitated.

"Why was I dragged into this?" He calms himself down, running a nervous hand through his platinum hair.

I shrug with worry, "I don't know."

"Fuck." He mumbles under his breathe, then storms off the opposite way of the next class.