Just One Night - The Sex Talk with Cammei One-Shot

HEY GUYS!

LOOK WHAT I'M DOING! I'M WRITING SOMETHING!

Why, you ask? 

BECAUSE THERE ARE 25K PEOPLE FOLLOWING ME AND HOLY CRAP IT'S AMAZING.

So I figured I'd write a little something for you to enjoy, so... here you go... Hopefully this doesn't completely suck... 

It's going to be written soley from Tay's POV! 

Thank you guys so much for following me and giving me continuous support no matter what's going on. I love you all so much, you have no idea.

<3

The Sex Talk with Cammei

"Tay, she's fifteen. We're lucky she's been pretty innocent so far, but we're running out of time," Cam said, frustration in every tone.

I sighed, knowing he was right. I couldn't believe Cammei was so grown up, not since it felt like only yesterday she'd been born. How had it been ten years since I'd married the love of my life?

I took a seat on a chair by the dining room table, watching as Cam moved around the kitchen getting dinner ready. 

"I know, I know. But god, how the hell are we supposed to do this? It's not like we've sheltered her, she's been on the internet! How are we supposed to find out what she knows? I don't want to listen to her talk about sex!" Just the thought of my baby girl reading that weird fan-fiction online was terrifying, I didn't want to know what she'd learned.

But, I was a mother, a thought that I still wasn't actually used to despite the years that had gone by.

"Well, maybe we have some time. Just because she came home from school and started ranting about some Jordan kid that asked her on a date, it doesn't mean she's going to have sex. We don't have to do it right now, do we?" I was practically begging him, I knew that, but I just wasn't ready to deal with this.

Before Cammei was born, I'd read every book on pregnancy and child care I could get my hands on. Sadly, it didn't matter how many books I'd read on taking care of a teenager, I still had no idea what I was doing. 

There were no manuals on how to talk to your daughter about her currently-non-existent sex life, or what to do when it became existent. 

"No, we can't just wait! If we don't do it now, she'll just end up reading it online, and I don't trust the internet to explain anything properly," Cam insisted. Again, I knew he was right. But dammit, he wasn't really going to have to talk about anything. It's not like he ever had to be a girl and worry about stuff.

"Well, by the time I was her age, I'd already learned what I needed to know. But you know what, it's not like she'll do what I did and just sleep with the first guy she's sees at a party," I complained, throwing my hands up in the air. "I mean, okay, maybe I was looking for you, but -," I cut off as Cam rapidly moved his hand horizontally across his throat, signalling for me to shut up. "What?"

"Mom? What are you talking about?" The voice of my daughter made my blood turn cold.

"Shit," I muttered, turning around in my seat to see Cammei standing there, eyes wide.

"You and dad hooked up? That's how you got together? You always told me you met in high school!"

I glanced at Cam, who shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, we weren't lying. We just left out a few details. We figured we'd explain them to you when we... uh..."