Chapter 1: The Curse

Once upon a time, there was a faraway kingdom, ruled by a king and a queen, who had been wishing for a child. After many years, they finally had a baby. It was a boy with fair skin, nature green eyes and raven black hair, whom they named Marc. The news of this baby spread quickly throughout and before you know it, everyone was excited to see him. A month after he was born, the king and queen prepared a large celebration for him. They sent an invite to every kingdom they know. The big day quickly came. Everyone came to Anciel palace, dressed in magnificent clothes and bringing many presents. The guests were chatting, eating, dancing and seeing the baby upfront on the dais. The king of a nearby kingdom, Alim, came with his children, Prince Nathaniel, Prince Jalil and Princess Alix. Nathaniel stepped forward to get a better look at Marc and present his gift, a necklace with a silver feather pendant. Seeing the innocence of the baby, Nathaniel could not help but smile fondly.

After a while, a loud trumpet sounded, signalling the arrival of four girls. They were four of the many miraculous wielders in the land, chosen to Marc's godmothers. Rose, who handled the power of the Pig miraculous, was a short girl with a blonde pixie cut and blue eyes, dressed in a pink puff-sleeved dress, a pair of white sparkly dress shoes, a pink mask and a pearl anklet on her right ankle. The tall girl, with straight black and purple highlights hair and copper eyes, was Juleka, the wielder of the Tiger miraculous. She was dressed in a long lavender dress with elbow-length mash sleeves, black lace gloves, black heeled boots, a purple mask with black stripes and a panjas bracelet. Then there was Alya, an auburn-haired and glasses-wearing girl, who held the power of the Fox miraculous. She wore a white thinly-strapped top, a bright orange chiffon skirt, black dress shoes, an orange mask with a white bottom and a necklace with a foxtail pendant. The last one was a pale-skinned girl with bluebell eyes and hair named Marinette, the holder of the Ladybug miraculous. She wore a red sleeveless dress, with a black lining and black spots on the skirt, pink ballet flats and a red mask with black spots.

The four bowed to the king and queen, who nodded in response. They had prepared one gift each to Marc, as allowed by the king. Rose went first. She stepped forward and smiled at Marc in the cradle. The Pig miraculous wielder waved her hands above the baby, producing some pink and brown sparkles and making him giggle.

"Hi Marc," Rose warmly cooed. "I shall give you the gift of beauty, both inside and out. You will grow up to be attractive and fair and will have a compassionate and thoughtful heart to match. All who meet you will adore you for your beauty and kindness."

Next, Juleka went up. She shyly approached the cradle as Rose skipped away. She carefully gave a small smile and wave at Marc, who only mimicked her wave. Like Rose, she waved her hands over Marc, only she produced purple and blue sparkles.

"My gift to you, little boy, is... The ability to write creative stories," She whispered. "You will have a wild imagination and put that into words, creating interesting tales."

As Juleka stepped down, Alya went forward. She moved her hand above Marc and in orange and yellow sparkles, she gave her gift.

"For you, you might need some strength," Alya excitedly stated. "I will give you a heart of courage and integrity guide to doing the right thing."

Now it was Marinette's turn. She walked towards the cradle and smiled fondly at the baby.

Marinette lifted her and said, "Hello, little one, I shall give you..."

All of a sudden, a loud boom and a flash of light interrupted her before she can continue. A mysterious being made out of white butterflies. Everyone turned around and gasped when the swarm cleared away. The mysterious figure was wearing a dark purple suit, black loafers, white gloves, a silver mask that covered his entire face and large butterfly-shaped broach. He also held a large dark purple cane in his hand. It was Hawkmoth, the keeper of the butterfly miraculous! All the guests carefully backed away, scared of what he was capable of. The king and queen glared at Hawkmoth, who only smirked.

Hawkmoth asserted, "Well, it seems like my invitation went missing because I never got one!"

The four miraculous wielders stared at Hawkmoth with hatred and disgust. Both Alya and Marinette stood in front of the cradle, ready to protect Marc. Rose and Juleka huddled close together.

"That's because you're not invited," Alya protested.

Hawkmoth scowled at her, but then he grinned evilly again.

"Well, since I'm here, I might as well give my gift to the little prince," Hawkmoth announced, walking towards the baby.

Marinette and Alya had no choice but move aside, but they remained close by just in case. The miraculous keeper looked at Marc, who remained oblivious. Hawkmoth raised his cane, showing everyone a vision of a grown prince Marc.

He cast a spell, "While the boy will indeed grow up to beautiful and brave, all that will end before he turns 16 when he pricks his finger on a spindle and die!"

Hawkmoth cackled menacingly as everyone gasped when the cane showed a spindle and Marc on his deathbed. The guard attempted to arrest him, but he disappeared in a swarm of white butterflies. The king and queen looked grief as they looked at their baby boy and then at each other. The entire room was completely silent for a while before Marinette stepped forward. The ladybug miraculous was powerful, but she knew she could not undo the curse without the black cat miraculous.

Marinette offered, "I'm sorry I cannot change Hawkmoth's curse. However, I can try to ease it." Then she approached little Marc and smiled softly, "Darling Marc, after pricking your finger, you will only sleep and dream. You can only be awakened by a kiss of true love."

As she said this, Marinette gestured her hand above Marc and showering him with red and black sparkles. The king and queen looked at the Ladybug miraculous holder gratefully. The crowd cheered happily for her. But there was still more to do.