Chapter 2: Taking The Child

After the festivities have ended, the three miraculous wielders stayed in another room to discuss the curse. Although Marinette changed it, they want to take any chance possible to prevent it.

"What can we do?" Juleka asked, worriedly.

Alya replied, deep in thought, "I know the king had ordered all spindles in the kingdom to be traded off. But is that enough?"

"Perhaps we could try reasoning with Hawkmoth," Rose suggested.

"Reasoning?" Marinette repeated. "No, this is Hawkmoth we're talking about. That man is as unreasonable as he is evil. Oh, if only I had the miraculous of the black cat..."

Alya placed a hand on the blue-haired girl's shoulder and consoled her, "It's okay, Mari, we all know that you hold one of the most powerful miraculous in the land."

Both Rose and Juleka nodded in affirmation. Marinette gave her friends a small smile. They went back to coming up with a plan to protect Marc. Suddenly, Marinette had an idea.

"I got it!" She exclaimed excitedly, getting the attention of the other girls. "Hawkmoth would most likely come here 16 years later to make sure that his curse is fulfilled, rights?" When the girls nodded, she continued, "So what we need to do is to find someone willing to raise Marc far away from the palace, only until his 16th birthday."

The girls all grinned, agreeing with the plan. But then Alya asked who will take the child, to which Marinette replied with an exciting beam.

"Well, fortunately, I know four peasant girls who can raise Marc in a cottage deep in the forest."

With that, Marinette opened a nearby cupboard and dramatically pulled out four similar peasant outfit. Each of them was a simple dress of a different colour with a white apron. The three other girls stared at the clothes in confusion before the realization dawned on them.

Juleka started, "You mean we..."

Rose delightedly finished, "...Take care of the boy."

Alya was sceptical, "Are you sure about this, Marinette?"

Marinette nodded. The girls put on the outfits with Rose, squealing about their new life with Marc.

"Well I guess, as long as we have the magic of the miraculous, it wouldn't be so hard," Alya began.

Marinette suddenly interrupted her, "No! We can't use our miraculous. If Hawkmoth can track their powers, he'll be able to find Marc and that defeats the purpose of this plan."

The miraculous wielders looked at one another in uncertainty, before agreeing that it would be too much to risk using their powers. Though it took much persuasion, the king and queen half-heartedly allowed the miraculous godmothers to take their son into the woods to raise him. They watched sadly as the miraculous wielders left the palace gates, with Marc in Rose's arms. They soon found the cottage Marinette was talking about and made it their new home. Marinette took all the miraculous jewellery, as well as Marc's feather necklace, and hid them away. From that day on, they kept the place clean, cooked meals and took care of Marc. They even gave him a new name, Iris.

Meanwhile, Hawkmoth was frustrated as he had heard the news that the prince is gone. He was not upset that his curse had been altered, in fact, he was pleased. It was an open opportunity to get the Ladybug miraculous. He wanted the ultimate power it gives.

He thought, What a smart plan, you girls. But one day, I'll find you and get my hands on your miraculous.

Suddenly, a young boy entered the room. He had swept back blonde hair and bright green eyes. He wore a black shirt and pants beneath a black blazer with bright green lining, a pair of black gloves, tall black boots, a bell collar on his neck and a black cat mask.

"You called for me, father?" 

"Yes I did, Chat Noir."