Chapter 8: Defeat!

Adrien led the group to Hawkmoth's main lair at the top of the tallest tower. They barged inside and got ready to fight. Expecting their company, Hawkmoth was standing on one of the high railings, with his cane in one hand and the other was a blue broach, the Peacock miraculous. He sneered as he put on the peacock miraculous and unified its powers along with the butterfly powers. To everyone's horror, he turned himself into a giant purple moth, flying above them and apparently blasting destructive rays at them. (A/N: I know this is not what the sentimonster does, but for plot convenience, I am so sorry) As the moth started to attack them, the other miraculous wielders, as well as Nathaniel and Alix, tried to dodge them.

One of his attacks were targeting Marinette until Adrien intervened and used his pole to block it. He afterwards continued to block the attacks, this gave Marinette enough time to call on her lucky charm, a red and black-spotted rope. 

Well, he's much too big and high up to tie down, she thought dejectedly. 

She tried to find a way to use it but got distracted when she saw her friends were in trouble. Adrien was crouched onto the floor, slightly injured. Nathaniel stood in front of the other girls with his arms out, protecting them from another incoming blast from the moth monster. Just then, Marinette caught sight of a body-length mirror in the corner and had a plan.

Firstly, She tied the rope into a lasso and looped it around the mirror.

"Hey Alix," She called out, pulling the mirror towards the pink-haired girl.

Alix caught it with ease, giving the blue-eyed girl with a knowing smile. She removed the lasso from the mirror and handed the mirror to Nathaniel, who took the mirror and placed it in front of himself and the others. When the blast hit, the mirror reflected it to Hawkmoth. It was instantly followed by a flash of light so bright that everyone had to shield their eyes. Once it cleared, they opened their eyes only to find out Hawkmoth had vanished. In his place was just a pile of his clothes. Marinette searched within the pile and pulled out the Butterfly and Peacock miraculous, still intact. 

She took back the rope and threw it into the air, shouting out 'Miraculous Ladybug!' The rope turned into masses of mini-ladybugs flying about, making the once-eerie lair disappeared. the group watched as they were transported to beautiful green pastures full of flora and fauna life. Realization soon hit Marinette while she turned to her friends with an excited expression. 

"Guys, we did it!" She yelled with glee. "Hawkmoth has been defeated!" 

The group all cheered and hugged one another in celebration, delighted that they are free from fear of Hawkmoth. Marinette was keeping the two uncovered miraculous when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Adrien, who though sad that his father was gone, had a brilliant smile and a small blush on his face. Marinette was taken aback when he hugged her but soon returned it.