Chapter 26

Veronica

I called the girls after I asked Gray to call Sam, he is a doctor. They were also shocked but soon came out of their trance and helped me in dressing Jenny and I put pressure on her wound. Let me tell you what happened when I entered the bathroom.

I entered the bathroom and saw Jenny lying in a pool of her blood mixed with water in the bath tub, she was naked under the water. Someone has broke into her bathroom from the window and had stabbed her. I checked for her pulse and could feel a faint one.

While Sam was checking Jenny, we decided that its important that we inform Gabriele. Being the coward everyone is I was given the responsibility to call him. I dialed his number and he received on the first ring.

"What V?"

"Gab its urgent, Jenny has been attacked"

"What? How? What the fu*k were you guys doing? And where were you guys when this happened?"

"Calm down Gab I will tell you everything but please just come here the girls are very scared"

"We are coming back with Zorawar, we are already on our way and will be there in ten to fifteen minutes and then I will deal with you guys personally"

"What do you mean by that? And didn't the doctor said about not moving Zorawar anywhere?"

"Well you don't tell me what to do Veronica and as far as security is concerned weren't you guys the ones who were taking care of the security? There was security breech under your care! Just wait for me"

What the fu*k what that?

When I returned everyone was asking me what he said.

"Well he is coming back and not only he but everyone is coming back with Zorawar."

"Is Zorawar fine?" it was a common question asked by all.

"No he is still in coma but he will be more safe here than in the hospital" it was Sam who replied. Looks like they have already discussed it.

"Girls you all stay here and Sam do what Gabriele has asked you to and Gray come with me and call Carter also"

When three of us gathered in the kitchen area Carter was the one to ask.

"What happened Nica? Why did you call us here?"

"Well Gabriele is very angry with us he thinks we lacked in our responsibility to arrange the security and it led to Jenny's attack."

"What? But we are not responsible!" Carter whisper yelled. He was clearly nervous; Carter is a young guy and is around the age of 18 to 20. So it was natural for him to be scared but Gray on the other hand is something else. He is a hard nut to crack.

"But is he wrong guys?" Gray asked us.

But before we could answer he again said.

"We are responsible guys, it's only fair that he punish us"

"but-"

"No buts Carter now shut up"

All three of us were tensed and became more tensed when we heard the sounds of cars stopping outside. We heard someone open the gates and there was a lot of commotion but none of us dared to go outside the kitchen. It was not like am scared of him or Gray is scared of him we just respect him and somewhere I believe may be it was our fault. Gabriele has ordered his men to keep us there and not let us move.

After fifteen to twenty minutes Gabriele came inside the kitchen and he looked very angry.

"Which one of you was at the duty of keeping a track of the camera footages?"

"It was me" Gray replied but he didn't say my name and I can't let him take the full punishment so I said the truth.

"Me also"

Gray was looking at me with a look which meant I was saving you idiot!

"So two of you were at the duty and none of you noticed someone coming inside the mansion?"

"We were keeping an eye on the footages when suddenly the camera at the back garden stopped working so we sent Carter there but he said no one was there." I explained.

Then Gray took over.

"Then suddenly the kitchen footage stopped so Veronica went there to check but found nothing and then the footages came back. Then I ordered Carter to do a perimeter check with the boys and Veronica went to check upstairs."

"So you mean to say that you guys found no one there? Neither in the back garden nor the kitchen? Am I right?"

"Yeah" me and Gray replied together.

Suddenly the light in the kitchen went off.

"What the fu*k?" Carter asked shocked because only the kitchen light went off and the whole mansion was well lit.

"Take out your guns guys" Gabriele ordered and all four of us took out our guns and all of us were on high alert. It was strange that only the kitchen light went off. We were looking everywhere around the kitchen when suddenly Gray said

"sh*t!"

We turned towards him and saw him holding something. We couldn't see what was in his hand because his back was turned towards us.

"What's in your hand Gray?" Gabriele asked him. Gray turned carefully towards us and there was a fu*king time bomb in his hand. Carter became more tensed than he was before.

"Gray gives it to me" Gabriele ordered him.

"No boss sorry I can't accept your order; I can't give it to you"

"Gray don't act like a fu*king child and hand me the bomb, am your boss don't forget that and it's my duty to protect my men"

"Sorry boss but I can't, I always promised to protect you and if that means I have to die then so be it. This life is given by you boss you saved me once let me do my duty" with that he took off towards the backdoor.

"Grayson!"

"Gray!"

"Bro!"

Gabriele, me and Carter shouted respectively and ran towards him. More guys were following us but we have no time to stop them.

"Simon get everyone towards the central and see that no one comes out don't let Kyle or Micah to come out and tell them it's an order from Gabriele" I ordered Simon through the earpiece. Central is the most secured place in the mansion and even Zorawar is kept there. Only a few people have access to the central.

We were now going towards the forest which is in the back of the mansion and is owned by the Di Caprio's but I have never been there. But before we could enter the forest there was a huge blast which threw us back.

"Grayson!"