Home

The carriage ride back to Crimson Manor with the inspector was awful, I just stayed in silence for the duration of the journey, I couldn't talk with the amount of fear coursing through my veins, my father will not let me off easy and I would be lucky if I survived after all I most likely cost him the money from the lord I was supposed to marry.

We arrived in the early hours of the morning, and the first thing I saw was my father waiting outside my small home with a fake smile planted on his face. The inspector opened the door for me and helped me step out of the carriage as I made my way to my father without saying a word and only looking down at my scuffed black shoes.

"inspector I cannot thank you enough" my father said trying to act innocent

"All part of the job, I'm just glad she's back home and safe" he stated before heading back to the carriage. safe! I was far from safe!

I followed my father back towards the house and stepped inside and the house was disgusting, empty bottles were everywhere along with other bits of rubbish.

"Father I-" I started but before I could finish a hand made it's way around my throat and squeezed tightly, he pushed me back into the wall by my throat as I hit my head hard. tears began dripping down my throat as I desperately tried to get him off of me by grabbing his wrist.

"I had to lose a percentage of the dowry in order to convince the lord to await your return" He hissed as he gripped tightly, I was close to passing out as my vision began getting blury. All of a sudden I was thrown to the ground and kicked in the stomach, I let out a string of groans as he did so.

"I'm sorry" I squeaked but it only fuelled his anger, he grabbed my hair and dragged me throughout the house and into my room, I screamed in pain as he did so begging him to stop. he threw me into my bedroom and his fist made its way across my face causing my lip to burst and blood to drip from it.

"clean yourself up, we're going to see the lord tonight I'm not waiting any longer" he yelled before slamming the door shut

it took me a while but I eventually got myself up and sat by my vanity desk looking at my busted lip and bruise forming around my neck, I bring my finger toward the mark on my neck and immediately wince, I miss Tewkesbury so much.

I stand up groaning and clutching my stomach as I did so and notice a yellow dress on my bed, this must be my outfit when meeting my future husband, I lift the dress up and feel the soft fabric against my hands. My eyes begin letting out small tears as I collapsed against the corner of my bed, why can't he just let me go? I do not wish to marry someone I do not love why can't he see that?

I get changed and put my hair into a high ponytail, I will not make an effort for someone I do not want, I look at myself in the long mirror and turn to head for the door when I hear a tap on my window. I slowly turn around to see the only person I wanted to see, Tewkesbury!

I ran over and opened the window allowing him in, I gave him a massive hug and when I pulled away he cupped my face examining the marks I had on them "Tewkesbury how did you find me?" I asked in shock and happiness

"well there is only one Crimson Manor that I am aware of" he answered with his soft hands still cupping my face "who did this to you?" he asked softly as he rubbed his thumb over my bust lip causing me to wince.

"my.. father" I stuttered as I looked down "he lost out on a percentage of money because I ran away so this was my punishment" I whispered

"we must go and get Enola" I muttered trying to brush off the questions around my father

"but where would she be?" he asked desperately '

"my dear corey, don't you remember, she said she would be sent to Miss Harrisons finishing school" I said grabbing his wrists "I have missed you terribly" I stated as I looked into his eyes

"as have I Rose" he replies softly as his eyes flicker between my eyes and my lips

"Audrey!" my father calls out from the other room interrupting us

"we must go!" I whisper as I grab his hand and lead us out of the window

Enola here we come!