33. The Consequence

It was all familiar. The feeling, the warmth, and the arms that were slowly untangling from her body. Her world went still and a faint sound of a crashing car was heard from the background.

"Xander!" Gilbert's shout was echoing inside the shop that wakes her. Erin's breathing hitched, she was unable to look for the person behind her.

"I love you, Erin. I should have told you sooner." Xander murmured.

The canvasses fell on the floor with a bang, Erin immediately faced Xander. She covered her mouth from the shock of seeing him and the blood dripping on the floor. Xander looked at her in a daze. He was holding his wound while stopping the blood to come out, but it was gushing out. Her head was spinning, it already happened before and the sight of the blood made her dizzy. 

Xander cupped her cheek with his free hand and it was his warmth that brought her to reality. The reality that Xander was hurt, wounded, and covered with blood. All because of her stubbornness.

"Erin, I love you," Xander uttered again looking at her eyes this time. A look as if it will be the last time. He then falls on his knees and hugged Erin's legs for support.

"Gilbert, help!" Erin cried for help.

"Xander, stay with me!" She held his head onto her chest.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left the villa. It's my fault." She caressed him with trembling hands.

"Sssh..." Xander stopped Erin from blaming herself.

"I should have stayed in the villa." She continued.

"It's not your fault, sweetheart... Angel escaped when she learned the arrest of her father." Xander explained and pointed the crushed car with Angel on the driver seat. She was hugging the wheel unconscious. The she-devil has caused her so much harm, a life and death arms. Erin realized how serious was his warning earlier, but it was too late now. 

Xander coughed with blood making her panic. She hugged him, her fear was down the core now, "Xander, please stay with me. Gilbert, please call 911!"

"My team will take care of me. Just promise me one thing, sweetheart." Xander did not stop talking even if he was hurt.

"No, no, no... You need to reserve your energy."

"Please hear me out, sweetheart... Don't blame yourself and start living the life you deserve."

"I can't live the life I want without you!" Erin replied in tears.

"You must live your life without depending on someone... You must find your happiness, within yourself, sweetheart."

"Xander, you are my happiness!" Erin insisted.

"Promise me, sweetheart..." Xander talked and coughed again.

"Okay, okay just promise me that you will be back." Erin couldn't help but agree with him and asked him in return. Xander only gave her a sad smile. It was enough confirmation to her, she can't bear to look at him talking and coughed with blood.

"Sage!" It was Rebel and his team running towards them.

Xander gave her a weak kiss, the warmth of his lips to hers just stayed for seconds. Erin closed her eyes trying to remember the warmth, but a wave of coldness hit her system. She held him tight for the last time.

"Ms. Mendez, we don't have much time." Rebel said. Of course, she knew it. She was just afraid to let go of him as if it's her last time to see Xander.

"Please save him," Erin begged.

"We will do our best, Ms. Erin, and our time are critical." Rebel reminded her.

"Go, please go!" Erin pushed him and Rebel started walking away from them.

The sight of Xander in Rebel's arm was too much for her heart to handle.
Gilbert was her aide when her knees gave in.

"Everything will be alright," Gilbert murmured.

"I shouldn't have left the villa, Gilbert." Erin was at it again, blaming herself.

"Erin, none of us wanted this to happen. It's not your fault." Gilbert said, but it cannot convince her, seeing Xander covered with blood was because of her, it's always her fault.

"Erin!" It was her father. Herman walked towards her daughter.

"Dad!" Erin ran to her father and sobbed in his arms like a baby. She can cry all she wants in her father's arms.

"Dad, please take me to Xander." She said in between sobs.

"Dad, please!" Erin begged. Herman looked at his daughter with pity. He didn't have the right words to pacify her. She was in pain again because of a man. He was aware of how special Xander is to his daughter.

"Dad, please!" Erin asked one more time. She needed to be by his side, she needs to know that he is safe.

"Come, I'll take you to Xander," Herman said before his daughter will go hysterical. He assisted her inside his car.

"Thank you, dad," Erin said as she took her seat. Herman was unusually quiet but Erin was too occupied to notice it. He then buckled her seatbelt for her.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart but I need to do this," Herman said. Erin was confused by his statement.

"What do you mean, dad? What are you talking about..." Erin then felt a needle pricked her exposed neck.

"Dad, no! You cannot do this!" Erin shouted before her consciousness left her.

"It's time to think of yourself, honey. Your safety is my priority." It was stern words from Herman.

"Let's put an end to all of this foolishness." His words were slowly fading to her ears.

Erin can't believe her dad was this cruel. She was only hoping for one thing, to make sure Xander will be okay, but it is impossible now. She was helpless, her energy was slowly leaving her body. She cannot even undo her seatbelt now.

"Let it be, honey. I cannot anymore tolerate what have you done for yourself."

"Dad, I want to see Xander..." She said, but it was all in vain as she was unconscious for the next seconds.