Lucifer X Reader: The Quintessence of Home

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

One of my dear friends is obsessed with the TV show Lucifer, so here is a little cute oneshot about him and the reader. Hope you like it madrytoova 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blazing orb shone brightly in the morning sky, lightning the city and the club of Lucifer, while you gazed at the luminous star called the sun.Dressed in one of Lucifer's shirts, you observed the day come to life, your fingers tapping gently on the bars while you hummed a tone. You were dating the owner of Lux for a few months nows and, you wondered if you both wanted the same thing of out this relationship. On the one hand, you wanted to build something serious with Lucifer, maybe even settle down with his arms wrapped around you, kisses dropped on your neck, gentle touches here and there but, his gaze seemed distant. It didn't seem as he was truly meaning what he was doing ad you wanted more out of this relationship. You didn't want to be one of the one-night stands he usually had.On the other hand, each time you encountered some touches on his arm or taking his hand in his, he would tense, refusing to meet your gaze.It frustrated you to no end and as you looked at the sun rose into the sky, you took a deep breath, ready to face the Devil himself.You stepped into the room and, a small smile graced your lips. Lucifer's sleeping form was a sight for sore eyes. The white sheets hung lowly on his hips, one leg covering the blanket as he snored softly. You watched him for a few moments, how his hair looked dishevelled after a wild night of pleasure, how his bare chest rose slowly at the rhythm of his breathing, his abs contracting at each breath, and how he looked devilishly handsome. You climbed into the bed, snuggling to him and you caressed his face. Your finger danced on his cheek, tracing his sharp jaw, then his nose to softly lay on his lips. You sighed as a kiss was pressed against your fingertip, and your eyes connected with hazel pools burning with something you couldn't pinpoint.

' Goodmorning Lucifer' you greeted, pressing a soft kiss on his lips.

He whined when you stepped back, his hands not moving an inch closer to you and you frowned, your insecurities of being no enough returning to the surface. Maybe you were not enough for him? Not beautiful enough? Not strong enough like Maze? Not smart enough like Chloe? Maybe you would not be what he needed?Lucifer arched an eyebrow at your sudden gloomy state, his hand gripping your chin to look at him.' What is it, dear?'His dark honey eyes searched for yours, wondering, analysing your sudden distance, but his face cracked when he heard your words.' When I'm with you, I feel home. I want to snuggle into you, kiss you whenever I want, hold you in my arms, take your hand in mine...' you sighed loudly.Lucifer stated.' We already do that my dear, and much more, in particular in this bed' he said smugly, flashing you a smirk but it quickly fell when he saw your eyes welling with tears.' Then why do you tense each time I touch you? Why can't I really be with you? Why aren't you letting me in, Lucifer?' Your voice broke at the end, and you looked down fidgeting with your fingers.A heavy silence lingered between the two of you, burning eyes staring at your teary face and you feared for the worst. Was he going to break up with you? Gentle hands snaked into yours, squeezing them until he raised your hands together, palm against palm until he spoke with a deep voice.' I... I'm sorry you felt that way Y/N. I truly am.'He observed your intertwined hands, noticing how his hands were much bigger than yours, how the warmth coming from him was inviting. He continued:' Relationships are not something I'm used to but there is one thing I know. You are more than enough, Y/N.'His hands cupped your face, forcing you to look at the red flame of honesty in his eyes.' I love you. It took me a while to figure out what this was. I was... afraid. I've never felt something like this before. I shut you off. I'm sorry.'His thumbs caressed your cheeks and, you leaned into his touch." I don't like your touch, I love it, I crave it. I don't like your kisses, I love them. I don't like your hugs, I need them.'He leant forward his forehead resting against yours, a huge smile enlightening your lips as you said:' I love you too, Lucifer.'A staggered breath left his lips as he closed the distance, kissing the daylight out of you. As you stepped back to gain some breath you stated:' You can touch me, kiss me, take me, hug me whenever you want, Luci' You beamed with love as you wrapped your hands around his neck. He arched a suggestive eyebrow.' Oh? So I can...' You shut him off, kissing him again as he laughed against your lips.Yes, you were definitely head over heels for the Devil, but so was he for his little angel: Y/N.

A/N: Any thoughts?