chapter 20

Liam and Niall had ended up staying the night, unintentionally, after they had all fallen asleep after browsing the internet and making small talk for several hours in Harry's room. And when Harry woke up, the others were still asleep, and he unlocked his phone to find a Facebook message from Louis, which had been sent at 03:06, very early that morning.

Louis Tomlinson: I can't sleep. I really want to see you again xx

Harry soppily grinned to himself, rubbing one of his tired eyes whilst re-reading the message once again. Louis had been up at 3AM, unable to get to sleep, and it was because he was thinking about seeing Harry again. Harry felt butterflies in his stomach, tingling. This no longer felt like a mutual crush, this was something way more, Harry could feel it. He typed out a speedy message, all while smirking to himself knowing that Liam was lying sleeping not too far away, oblivious.

Harry Styles: I want to see you too. Should I see if I can get Liam to invite me and Niall over this morning? .xx

As it was already 10:53AM that morning, Harry really hoped his friends would be waking up soon. Sundays weren't to be wasted, considering it was their only full day off of school and work. Seeing as just last night was when Liam had awkwardly uncovered the photos of Louis on Harry's laptop, Harry knew he would have to be extra wary if he were to interact with Louis. He would have to keep it hugely calm and casual, and try not to unintentionally get his love-struck, "heart eyes" look when looking at him. Louis replied already, and Harry was surprised he wasn't asleep, having been awake at 3.

Louis Tomlinson: Please do :) that would be nice, I'll be at home today xx

Great news. Kind of, as it meant he would definitely have to work on his subtlety, if Liam even invited them round to his house.

Harry decided to scrunch up a sock from his messy floor and launch it at Niall, who released a loud, shocked snore as it hit him on the forehead. Harry stifled out a laugh as Niall's eyes peeled open, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he glanced up to find Harry grinning.

"I was sleeping, you prick." He grumbled out, stretching out where he was lying and digging his face into his arm. "Dream of Louis last night?"

Yes, quite possibly.

"Shut up," Harry rolled his eyes, "Seriously, don't make this a thing," He lowered the volume of his voice, "Liam would be pissed if you kept mentioning it."

"Okay, Mr Tomlinson." Niall smirked. "Actually, that sounds like you could be with Liam, ignore that. I'm kidding anyway, I know it was all a misunderstanding, with those photos."

Well... it wasn't, but it was good that he assumed so now.

"What do you think we should do today?" Harry asked, casually stretching his arms out above him.

"Well, we haven't been to my house in a while. Maybe we could go there." Niall offered.

Oh no, that wasn't going to work. Harry would need a way to swerve their interests back onto Liam's place. But how?

"I kind of fancy going for a swim again," Harry blurted out, "What do you think?"

For crying out loud, the last time they had gone swimming in Liam's pool, it was almost torturous. Harry had felt overexposed in his yellow shorts, not to mention how flustered he was seeing Louis in his (although he had seen a lot more of him now, since that ordeal. Wow.) Harry wasn't looking forward to that cold water either.