chapter 24

Liam: Jamie just finally admitted that it WAS him who gave you the mark. You little devil Harry ;) Sorry you couldn't come over today, hope whatever has happened is resolved:(

Harry realised now that he really could have gone to Liam's house too, and just explained everything to Jamie on the way, but he had felt way too awkward. He still had the gruelling job of telling Jamie, in detail, that he and Louis were messing around behind Liam's back. He didn't even know if he fully trusted Jamie yet, knowing he would probably have to please him enough for him to keep his mouth shut.

Harry: Yup, he's let our secret out now. Cheers mate, see you tomorrow yeah

Liam: Yeah yeah. Maybe we can reorganise an afternoon @ mine for tomorrow after skl instead?? Jamie says he can do it then

Oh great, Harry was being thrown straight in at the deep end. He needed mental preparation for this, realising that he was quite frankly entering a false relationship just like Louis now. This was all turning to shit.

Harry: Yeah okay, maybe. See you tomorrow Li.

Fucking fantastic.

It was clear, from Harry's perspective, that Liam and Niall were acting particularly sweet towards him at school, due to his lie of a "family emergency." At least it took attention away from the Jamie scenario (which was yet another lie.)

"You alright, mate?" Niall asked in an overly sympathetic, after Harry had strolled into class late.

"Yeah I'm good," Harry softly smiled, "Thanks."

To Harry's dismay, Liam immediately found a way to veer the conversation back towards Jamie again, once his eyes set on the slightly faded purple bruise on Harry's neck.

"By the way, Jamie told us about how much you dirty talk." He smirked, dramatically wiggling his eyebrows. Harry's cheeks flushed pink in both embarrassment and annoyance - annoyance that Jamie had made up something like that.

"Dirty talk?" He piped up, face contorting in confusion. "What did he say exactly?"

"That you were telling him how much you want him, apparently, while he was giving you that thing." Niall chipped in, followed by a sharp chuckle. Harry groaned aloud, shaking his head.

"That's not true."

"Whatever you say." Liam tutted, smugly, ruffling Harry's curls. "We deeefinitely believe you."

Harry was definitely going to have a word with Jamie about that, considering he had already told a lie which deeply embarrassed Harry. It was stupid. It was obvious he had feelings towards Harry, found him hot and what not, but lying about what happened was unnecessary... even if that did make Harry a hypocrite to think.

A little while later into the lesson, a text from Louis came through to Harry's phone while it was riskily sat on the tabletop, for Liam and Niall to see, its screen flashing up, but they were luckily too busy concentrating on what their teacher was saying to see Louis' name blatantly there as the sender. Harry held his phone beneath the table to look at it.

Louis: Liam mentioned you all coming round tonight ? Does that mean you and Jamie are going to be acting like a couple or somethin ?? And are you gonna have to tell him about me & you Harry because that is risky, what if he tells Liam? xx

Louis was clearly just as worried as Harry was about Jamie, unsure whether they should really disclose it to him. He would be the only one, other than the two of them, to know; it was a huge risk.

Harry: I will see if I can trust him Lou. We will hopefully not be acting like a couple. See you later hopefully, I miss you .xx

Still, Liam was sat right beside Harry in a state of compete oblivion as to what was going on, paying no attention whatsoever to Harry and his texting. Harry still loved the thrill of it, quite honestly.