PROLOGUE

ANOTHER TYPICAL TEENAGE GIRL is how a complete stranger would see you—a young woman filled with raging hormones—or at least that's what you thought. Often cutting class, doing homework at the last minute, but it'll all depend on your mood. But regardless, you still tried to do your best in school, not wanting to disappoint your strict parents. And you managed to get this far along with your two best friends, Emi and Rei, though if you were being honest, you sometimes felt like a third wheel whenever the three of you hung out. Not that you really cared, you were in your third-year of high school, and some friendships weren't meant to last forever—you could always meet new people.

And another thing about you is, you barely took notice of the more quiet students in your class, and to be more specific, Oikawa Mayumi. Oikawa Mayumi, also the same grade level and same class as you, but you were almost polar opposites. She spent her time indoors, whether it be in the library with her nose buried in a lengthy novel or quietly eating her bento box in the classroom during their lunch period. And you never saw her with other students unless it's mandatory, for instance, a group assignment—though in your case at the moment, your social studies teacher happened to partner the two of you up for a project.

Mayumi didn't mind being paired up with you, and vice versa, but only because your best friends were in a different class together which is most likely why they were closer. The two of you were those classmates that have each other for class, yet you never spoke to each other. As you stood up from your assigned seat, you walked over to the empty desk in front of her. "Hey, Oikawa-kun," you greeted with a wave.

     "Hi," she shyly smiled, moving her notebook to the side of the desk to make space for you.

     "Alright," you said, unfolding the small piece of paper you randomly picked from the bucket your teacher passed around. "Our topic is Civil Disobedience. Great, sounds boring."

     "Of course, we got the sucky one," she softly chuckled. "When would you want to start on it?"

     "Hm, is it fine if we meet outside of school? Or if you want, we could work in the library or something," you said.

     "U-Um, we could go to my house."
     "That's fine with me. Does tomorrow work for you?"

     "Mhm, tomorrow's good. Do you want my number in case something comes up?" she nervously asked.

     "Yes, sure," you replied, fishing out your phone from your pocket, then gave it to her. Whilst she input her contact information, you examined her features—ivory pale skin, chocolate brown eyes, and jet black short hair. Mayumi handed you your phone back, and the rest of the class time, the two of you created a draft for your project.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

The raven-haired girl pulled out of the school parking lot in her luxury car, driving to her house in a gated community. As sad as it seemed, she felt excited for you to come over—in hopes you'd end up becoming great friends.

Mayumi prepared dinner around five o'clock for her and her father, he normally tends to stay back after practice for a couple extra hours, though it didn't bother her. This time, Oikawa arrived home earlier than usual, the pungent smell of his daughter's cooking invading his nose. "Well, you're home pretty early," she said, glancing at the wall clock.

"Mhm, my coach told me not to overwork myself or he won't let me play in the next match," he replied.

"He's not wrong 'cause you do stay at the gym practically the whole day," she said, matter-of-factly.

"Anyway, what're you cooking?"
"Gyudon, nothing fancy. But it's ready."

"Make me a bowl, lemme change first," he said, going up to his bedroom. He slipped out of his practice attire, then put on comfy clothing. Walking into the dining room, he spotted Mayumi eating whilst scrolling through her phone.

The brunette sat in front of her, pulling the other bowl closer to his side. "How's school?" he asked, scooping a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

     "The same—oh, my classmate's coming over tomorrow to work on a project," she chirped, turning off her phone.

     "Um, so you're fine if a classmate comes over, but not your actual friends?" he questioned.

The thing is, Mayumi lied to her father about having friends, but to be fair, she didn't want him to worry about her. And so, she made up names along with false personalities for each supposed friend—depressing isn't it? Not to mention, whenever Oikawa requested to meet the girls, she would come up with excuses or merely avoid the subject.

     "That's 'cause we mostly hang out at their houses. But my classmate's nice, you'll like her," she softly smiled.

     "Then let's hope you'll actually let me meet her," he stated as Mayumi rolled her eyes in response.

Meanwhile, you hung your fluffy towel on the rack, putting your playlist on shuffle before stepping into the shower.

     "My pussy tastes like Pepsi cola, my eyes are wide like cherry pies. I gots a taste for men who are older. It's always been, so it's no surprise," you sung as you closed the shower curtain.

As you moved your hand to the water, waiting for it to change temperature, your mind trailed off. Mayumi seemed kind and sweet, so you wondered how she couldn't have any friends. Unless there's something other students at your school knew about her that you didn't—but you lived for gossip, so you probably would've known by now. Though, you could just ask her tomorrow.

But isn't it crazy how meeting a person
could possibly change your entire life?