XI. Blackmail (Pt. 1 of 2)

"But sir, I don't need a secretary, I've been a week ahead of deadlines since I arrived! I appreciate the thought, but I think the company would best be served if-!"

"Parker, Parker!" Mr. Arman trilled with a wave of his hand. "That's exactly my point! You've earned a break after all the work you've put into Arman and Sons! Ms. Evans was highly recommended to me from her last company; she'll double your department's productivity! Plus she's not bad looking, if you don't mind me saying!"

My black beard parted with a nervous smile as my boss winked at me.

"I... I am a married man, sir." I said. Mr. Arman shrugged.

"Ah, well... she's a hard worker at any rate. Just give her a week and I'm sure you'll agree this is for the best. Anyway, I have my 4:15 meeting in a few, so I'll drop by on Monday to collect the Pezinsky Project. Have a good weekend!"

I nodded at my boss as he walked away, exhaling in frustration as his portly form rounded the corner out of sight. I'd worked extra hard since I'd joined this company precisely because I was afraid of being assigned a secretary.

I wasn't an unattractive man. My wife never passed up an opportunity to tell me how handsome I was, and I'd bulked up over the years at the gym, which was also to her delight. Problem was, she wasn't the only one who liked it, and I didn't want to tempt another woman by trapping her in a room with me for forty hours a week.

My hands automatically straightened the shoulders of my navy-blue suit as I stood before the doors to my office. In six short years my hard work had landed me a position on the board, and from the way Mr. Arman had taken special interest in my projects, it wasn't out of the question that I would one day succeed him. If I put it that way, I'm sure Grace wouldn't be too jealous that I'd been given a secretary.

I opened the doors with this happy thought, only for my good mood to falter as I laid eyes on the woman taking sweets out of the bowl on my desk.

From her platinum blonde hair to her custom silver heels, everything about my new secretary screamed trouble. Even if her white suit hadn't been left brazenly open to display her deeply tanned breasts, I could tell this woman wasn't interested in pleasant conversation. A pair of sharp green eyes flicked up to meet mine, and I closed the door behind me as she flashed a flawless smile.

"Hello, Mr. Parker. I'm Ms. Evans, but you can call me Crystal."

The name was bad enough, but the fake, breathy voice she used was even worse. I didn't want to jump to conclusions about Ms. Evans, but practically everything she did set off warning bells in my head.

"Ms. Evans will do fine." I said, passing her to sit down at my desk.

I swiveled to look out at the sun drifting towards the high rises, wishing this day was over already. I swiveled back, only to find Crystal had bent down and "accidentally" put her cleavage next to my face. Her eyelids lowered as she drew closer still.

"I've looked at your file, sir, and I must say, I'm veeeeeery impressed by your work. A man like you must be handy at all sorts of tasks..."

She ran a silver nail down the length of my hand, and I decide to use that hand to send her a very clear signal that I wasn't interested in whatever she was implying. I straightened the photo of me and Grace on the desk, making extra sure that Ms. Evans got a good look at it. Of course, she quickly turned this to her advantage by bending over to pick it up, which just so happened to show off her butt.