Prologue: The start of Midnight

Hai~ Welcome to another book collab with MikotoHoshizora2003! Yayyyyy *throws party poppers everywhere* It's always a joy to write with Miko w
We have no idea how this story will go, all we did is throw a random idea, characters and a general plot in and here we are w As usual, time to go with the flow~
Let's all go on this journey together *salutes*
Cover is temporary since Mai really doesn't know what cover to put xD so you get Mai's lame calligraphy.

Mikoto's AN: I am happy to be able to collab for a book with Mai-san again! We don't know how this will go but I am sure it will be fun to write it with her ww And it's a nice way to write while taking a break my other series ww Thank you for letting me collab with you, Mai-san! I look forward to see how this book goes together with you and everyone~ ww

Enjoy reading~!

Day and night, two different worlds.

One that was lit up by the brightness of the sun, one that was covered in darkness, only guided by the dim shine of the moon.

Respectively, they were called the Daylight Police and the Twilight Police, both covering different territories to guard the peace of the city.

Their ideals had clashed greatly, resulting in the unspoken rule that they would never interact with each other.

Two worlds that had never clashed even once... that is until now.

~~~~

"C'mon! If we don't hurry, they'll escape!" a brunette male yelled as he and his team chased down one of the member of a notorious criminal group, Shadow Hunters.

"Um, Neru-san..." a light-haired male mumbled nervously as he noticed that they were entering a zone that was forbidden to them, the Daylight Police.

"C'mon!" Neru urged as he watched the cloak of the figure get further and further.

''U-um... Neru-san, please listen to Luz-kun... I-I don't think it's a good idea to go any further than this...'' Sou mumbled as he followed them nevertheless, not wanting to be left behind.

''Ehhh, why? Let's go quickly like Neru-san said! The faster the better isn't it?'' a redhead asked as he quickly ran faster to catch up to the brunet.

''W-well...''

''Everyone? Ah, there you are!'' a tall brunet with a fox mask said as he quickly ran towards them after finally finding them. No one had even noticed that he had, once again, disappeared from their group.

"Damn it, we lost him!" Neru pouted as he crossed his arms and huffed, the cloaked figure disappearing from the view. "Damn it, I wanted to get him this time!"

Pretending to fake a sob, the brunette childishly pouted, still not noticing where they were.

"Guys I think we should leave..." Luz mumbled nervously, glancing around a little scared.

They were in the forbidden area... they never explained why the Daylight Police was not allowed here... perhaps it was for the best for them to know.

''I-I agree. W-we really shouldn't be here...'' Sou said as he looked around slightly scared and feeling very unsettled.

''Huh? Why?'' the redhead asked, still not understanding why the light-haired male and the blond were so uncomfortable with being in this area. Sure, it was a bit dark and felt shady in here but that's all there was to it, right?

"Well, well, well, what do we have here~?" A voice echoed through the streets, no clear way to identify where the voice came from.

Luz froze up, fear filling his veins.