six

an: were almost at the timeskip yall i swear- JZBJEBDJKEBNIJ
<3 this story is going slow yes 🏃🏽‍♀️i know i suck at updating so sorry so sorry

you waited on your front door step for Koshi to show up, watching the sun set. the scene in front of you was quite pretty, the clouds changed colors with the sun. it was the first time in a while that you had really just looked outside. you let yourself melt into the scenery,  attempting to push away all the negative thoughts in your head.

you thought about the fact that you only had a few months left in your third year, would you really spend them moping? you still loved Tooru with your whole being but you knew it was far too damaged at the moment. he was on your mind every second of every day, and it scared you how much it didn't hurt. you imagined him sitting next to you on your doorstep, his arm hung lazily around you. the aura suddenly darkened with those thoughts. you were tired of this already, just as you stood from the doorstep you heard footsteps approaching your gate.

"it's been awhile (y/n)" you looked up to see a familiar boy with greyish hair. the same big smile from before sat on his face. Sugawara looked older than the last time you saw him. he had obviously grown an inch or two. how could a person look so different yet somehow feel so familiar. despite all this you could tell his hazel brown eyes had stayed exactly the same.

"hey" you breathed out before walking towards him with your hands in your pockets.

the two of you dove into some small talk as you walked together into town. soon you found yourself seated in a small ramen shop next to Sugawara.

"what can i get for you two?" the waitress asked as she came to stand in front of you.

just as you were about to respond, Koshi told her your order and his own. you were surprised he had remembered what you get after all this time but comment, instead a small smile made its way onto your face. you ate in a peaceful silence with a few words exchanged here and there.

"I wanted to ask you, do you still do photography?" as he asked that question you remembered about all the times you would wake up early to take pictures of the sunrise. it started with crappy shots of some random scenery and always being asked to take photos since you had the most stable hand. Koshi himself had bought you a semi expensive camera just a few months before you moved to Seijoh. the two of you along with Asahi and Daichi would go find flowers fields on the weekends, just to take silly photos of the group. it was always the number one thing you missed this whole past year. after you started going out with Oikawa, you had slowly stopped taking photos and started spending more time with him. just as you were about to go down the painful road that is thinking of Oikawa, Suga snapped his fingers in front of your face. "earth to (y/n), hey"

"sorry, got lost in thought for a second, but no not really" you looked down at your lap and started to play with your fingers.

"damn, i was going to ask if you could take shots of the team" he leaned onto the table with his elbow and rested his chin on his palm. there was a slight smirk on his lips as he gazed at you from where he sat. you knew him well enough to know he was trying to convince you to get back into it. it wouldn't be a bad idea to push yourself back into photography, just something to take your mind off things.

"i mean i still have my camera, let me put in some new batteries and give me a date, i'll be there." you found yourself smiling at the small grin that grew on his face. with that smile, all the negative thoughts in your head began to float away. 

with a little bit of small talk, things grew more comfortable for the two of you. you laughed at all the stupid things he had done this past year. stories about the new first years at Karasuno, even though you didn't know them, made the two of you laugh together. for a few seconds it was as if nothing had changed, yet you knew so much had already. there was one thing that was certain, you had truly missed Sugawara very much.

after you finished eating, he suggested you go fetch your camera and take some practice shots. you had already done your homework so there you were, laughing and trying to take some pictures of Suga. he made it hard to take any as he kept moving around in the weirdest poses you had ever seen. maybe if you hadn't been laughing so hard, you might've caught the familiar admiration in his eyes. the same type of look you had seen oh so many times in a certain pair of brown eyes settled into his hazel eyes.

"you could model with those poses" you sarcastically commented in between your giggles. this only made him laugh and fall back to lay in the park grass you currently were at. with him being here, you had forgotten what had happened in this very park. the only thing on your mind right now was the boy in front of you and if you could even take a good picture. Koshi laid there with a small smile on his face, his eyes looking up at the night sky.

"wait but actually" you took a few fast shots of him laying there, before going back to look through them. "Koshi I'm serious you could be a model"

he only laughed again and stood from where he sat to stand next to you, you turned to show him the photos.

you were too busy showing Suga that shots that you didn't notice the chocolate haired boy staring at you, heartbroken, from afar.

"i think it's too dark to get any actual good shots though, and i should get home soon" you spoke just as he sat back down on the grass, his legs crossed with his hand running through the grass. slowly, you plopped down onto the grass and sat directly in front of him.

"i missed you"

you spoke in unison, a soft blush spreading across the boys face. Sugawara playfully threw some grass blades at you, before he stood and offered you a hand. you took his hand and stood to your feet, not noticing how your hands stayed connected for more than they needed to. the two of you walked back to your house in silence, but not awkward silence. no, it was never awkward with Suga, for as long as you remembered he was the least awkward person you knew. this felt nice, talking to Suga was something you hadn't noticed you missed so much.

"i'm expecting us to hang out just as much as we used to now" Suga said just as you walked up to your doorstep, you gave him a smile and a nod before walking into your house. the first thing you noticed as you walked into your room was how much of a mess it had become. clothes were thrown all over the place and empty water bottles scattered across the floor. you decided then and there, that you simply would not live like this anymore.

firstly, you gathered all of the pictures and the stupid hoodie he had given you. you tried to dump them into the trash but something wouldn't let you, so instead you placed them up hidden away up on a shelf in your closet. slowly but surely you started to pick up the mess that was your bedroom, since you had hardwood floors you mopped. you didn't notice this had kept you up until the early morning hours, until you looked at your phone. it wasn't a problem that you stayed up so late, it was now Saturday but you figured a nap wouldn't hurt. now that your room was clean and something other than Tooru was on your mind, things felt different.

still even with the change of your mindset, the last person in your thoughts was Oikawa.

it would always be him in the end.