[XXVI] An Archangel's Equivalent

Third Person

Kim Doyoung unconsciously cursed under his breath while composing himself on the bean sofa placed on the floor. The archangels remained quiet, expectantly waiting for him to start explaining what's going on.

"Okay, how do I start..." The angel of wisdom nervously uttered.

Mashiho gave a warm smile at pat his thigh. "Calm down. I can feel your emotion taking over you. Breath."

The younger followed Mashiho's words and took a portion of inhales and exhales before he clasped both of his hands, indicating that it's the start.

"We have a lot to talk about and let's start with me, let's talk about how envy and I became the first one to violate the doctrine."

He took a deep breath and glance at Jeongwoo. "Do you all remember how Jeongwoo said that the war of miscreants was all his fault because it all started when he tried to run away with the hell prisoner?"

The archangels nodded.

"Wrong. The war of miscreants wasn't because of Jeongwoo and the prisoner. It was because of me who was the first to settle down with an immortal despite knowing too well that anytime, his envious side will kick in."

The archangel of wisdom finds it even harder to carry out and explain when the rest of the tale is about him and his misfortune but he pushes through and started elaborating on the tale of his.

Uriel's other half, an envious immortal, was tested using one of hell's most skilled vixen. It was all pure jealousy that pushed the immortal to the losing end, he envied everything that Uriel shared with other beings and because of that, he accused the archangel of infidelity.

The immortal got so mad that it reached the point of violence, Uriel was hurt, both emotionally and physically. And it was too late for the envious immortal to realize that it was all part of the oracle's test.

In the midst of all the misfortune happening in his life, it was also the blooming season of Ramiel's love for the hell prisoner. Two archangels caught up in a completely opposite situation. The time where he fled with the prisoner was also the exact same time Uriel's other half beg the higher for another chance but instead, he heard of what happened— Ramiel breaking the divine laws that will make all beings cut ties with one another from the different side as a punishment thus ending his last hope with the angel of wisdom.

The envious immortal on the other hand was eaten by his sinful behavior upon hearing the news of Ramiel fleeing with the prisoner. His envy did really push him to his limits, he didn't want to go down alone so he betrayed the other immortals and revealed the secrets they long kept.

Greed and the angel of healing.

Gabriel, the most responsible who fell for the sin of wrath.

Lust who changes his love interest daily.

And many other secrets he came to know. During the war, As Uriel's other half turned into a rogue, he was left with no choice but to end his life. He killed his other half who was now Atty. Bang Yedam in the human form. The demon he fell in love with is the sin of envy. The same immortal he sacrificed for the sake of mankind.

Doyoung only realized that there are tears rolling down on his cheeks when he felt Junghwan wiping them for him. "Thank you..." he whispered in a rasped voice.

He finds it funny how the world makes it seem that it was easy to just reunite with the immortal and turn his back on the light when all he could ever think of whenever he looks at his face was the memory of himself taking Envy's life. Since his memories started crawling back to him, every inch of it hunts him every night and every chance it gets.