Chapter 24 - Zaofu

The group had stopped for a break, the airship landing in a large open field, with beautiful mountains just off in the distance. Korra was using her airbending to play with Naga, she collected a large ball with some air then shot it high into the sky. As Naga shot off bounding after the ball, Bolin stepped up putting a hand over his eyes watching as the ball just kept going and going.

Chai was a bit ways away in an open grassy area practicing some firebending stances and deep breathing exercises. Dawn was still hanging around her neck the dragons head bobbing every so often when she moved.

Lin walked over to Korra crossing her arms. "While you're playing fetch, four of the most dangerous criminals are hunting you down. We should get moving."

"Relax, we just got here. Besides, no one knows where I am except us," Korra said

Naga came back with the ball dropping at Lin's feet.

Korra smiled as she patted Naga on the head.

"I think she wants you to throw it for her."

Lin raised a brow glancing down at the ball that was covered in drool and grass.

"I'll pass, thanks."

Asami came walking over a smile on her face, Mako next to her.

"We just got a call from the radio about another airbender," Asami said

"Finally! Where are they?" Korra asked

"A city called Zaofu, the home of the Metal Clan," Mako said

Korra looked at Lin, "You know the place?"

Lin looks off to the side an uneasy look on her face.

"Uhh, Never been there." She crossed her arms, her usual frown coming to her lips. "But I don't want you going there. I would rest a lot easier if you were back at Republic City."

"Sorry, if there's an airbender in Zaofu, then that's where we are going next," Korra said

Lin frowned as everyone started to get back on the airship. Naga stared at the metalbender before dipping her head down nudging the ball closer to Lin, an expected look as she whined. Lin gazes at the ball before whipping her hand out striking it with one of her cables busting the ball.

Zaofu wasn't that far from the group's current location and when they arrived they were met with a wondrous sight. The entire city was made of metal divided into several sections each one inside a dome that opened to make it look like each one was a blooming flower.

"Wow! Wow! Wow! An entire city made of metal! Wohoho, you should feel right at home, Beifong," Bolin said

Lin was sitting down, arms and legs crossed, a grumpy look on her face.

"Hmm."

The airship lands and the docking process was much smoother thanks to the metalbenders. Once the ramp was up Bolin was the first person to leave, practically skipping to exit.

"Yeah!"

Everyone started to exit but Lin remained in her seat.

"Aren't you coming?" Asami asked Lin

"What's there to see? It's metal. Big whoop. Just find the airbender and let's get moving. Don't tell anyone I'm here," Lin said

"Why not?" Korra asked

"Are you some kind of secret criminal here?" Chai asked

"No." Lin pointed at Korra. "I don't need to explain myself to you. Just do what I say."