2

Harry had gone to be prepared for the cleansing ritual, and Marcus and his parents were talking with Hoodclaw about what options there were to take, before there was a knock on the door. Looking at the clock on the mantle of the fireplace, Marcus noticed that 15 minutes had already passed, and knew that Lord Orion Black had arrived. Marcus looked back towards the door before it opened to be greeted to the sight of Orion Black.

Orion Black was an elderly man, with his silver hair showing his age, and Marcus was sure that he was one of the only men alive that could pull off the full beard that the man was sporting. However, it was his eyes that caught Marcus' attention. The storm grey eyes held so much emotion it nearly made Marcus weep.

Marcus was taken aback by, not only the hope, but also the apprehension that the man held in his eyes

Marcus was taken aback by, not only the hope, but also the apprehension that the man held in his eyes. Marcus stood and waiting for Orion to make his way into the room, also noticing that his parents had also climbed to their feet. "Marquees Black." Marcus greeted warmly, hoping to settle the man slightly.

Orion Black had received word that his grandchild had been found, but at the same time, he didn't want to believe it as he didn't want his hopes to gain ground, just to have them dashed. Looking towards the people in the room, he noticed the Flint family present. "Earl Flint, Countess Flint, Heir Flint." Orion greeted, but he held his Pureblood mask in place. Orion turned towards Hoodclaw, who was behind his desk still. "Hoodclaw, is it true?" Orion asked, wanting to get straight to the point.

Hoodclaw didn't say anything at that point, but he did hold out the test results to the Black Lord, and without much thought, Orion took them and everybody in the watched as he read through them. Orion was having trouble containing his anger as he read, truly believing that his grandchild had been dead, and allowed his thought to go out towards his Bearer son. Yes, parents aren't meant to have favourites, but Orion would gladly admit that Regulus was his favourite due to his sweet nature that hid his cunning, devious side. Hoodclaw took that moment to fill in the Black Lord of the events so far that concerned his grandchild.

Glad that his grandchild was safe, Orion allowed himself to lose his temper slightly, causing his magic to flare slightly around him. "Even though Hadrian is an emancipated minor, I agree with the course of events so far. We'll discuss the rest when they return." Orion stated to Hoodclaw, who nodded his head in confirmation. Turning to the three Flints in the room, Orion addressed them next. "Without seeming too rude, how do you figure into all this?" Orion asked while taking one of the seats in front of the desk.

Marcus took his seat from before, glad that Orion and his parents seemed to avoid the chair that Harry had sat in. Marcus also noticed that his parents also seem intrigued by the question, as he had only told them the bare minimum. Relaxing in his seat, Marcus took it upon himself to tell the story from start to finish of the previous school year, and noticed that Orion and his parents had looks of shock, and righteous anger on their faces.