Chapter 27

Pax POV

Percy collapses in front of the dead body of Chiron, silently weeping. Annabeth wails loudly, having lost her first father figure. 

I crouch next to Percy and rest my head on his shoulder., comforting him.

Percy mouths, "Thank you," before looking down at Chiron's body.

Will was checking Chiron's wrists for a pulse. He takes out his stethoscope and checks for a heartbeat. He stands up and shakes his head. Nico holds his hand tight and nods.

Percy suddenly stands up and walks to the Great Hall, demigods, nymphs, and satyrs following him as he goes.

"Everyone listen up!" He shouts, as he climbs onto a table.

Demigods walked, limped, and staggered towards him.

Percy sighs. "It is with great sadness that I announce that Chiron, the trainer for demigods for many millennia, has passed on to Elysium."

The demigods who haven't seen his body gasped.

"He has?" A girl shouts from the crowd.

"Indeed he has. As a child of Hades, I can conform he is in Elysium now. It is a sad day indeed, but we mustn't dwell on the deaths of today. The enemy wasn't defeated, but only stalled. More dark days will follow..."

The younger ones begin to cry and I glare at Percy for scaring them.

"...but we are still together. We will be stronger than ever before. We will grieve the fallen, but we will fight in their names."

Clarisse shouts and her spear in triumph. Other demigods follow her example with their own weapons.

Annabeth shouted. "We need to elect a new activities director!"

"That's right, thanks Annabeth." Percy clasped his hands together. "Anyone want the position? Is that how you elect a new director?"

The elder demigods rolled their eyes at Percy's antics.

A young, shy satyr stepped forward.

"It's a-always been my d-dream to train the greatest heroes, but I-I'm afra..." He bleated.

"Great! What's your name, satyr?" Percy knelt down from the table.

"Philoctetes..." He muttered.

"Everyone welcome the new activities director, Phil...Phil!" Percy exclaimed.

We all cheered and lifted Phil into the air. The poor satyr doesn't know what he's getting into...

A/N WHOEVER CAN FIND THE DISNEY REFERENCE GETS A BLUE COOKIE 🔵🍪.

And the story isn't over yet, so keep your eyes peeled for more updates!