Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Alrosa

"Who goes here?"

Hindi ko maiwasang mamangha sa nakikita ko ngayon. In front of me, is a guy with a beautiful face! Prince Andres Stefan is the most beautiful guy for me. Next is my father. Pero itong lalaking 'to, hindi maipagkakailang napakaganda ring lalaki.

Napalunok ako nang humakbang siya papalapit. Napaatras naman ako.

"Hello," panimula ko at kumaway, "I am Alexa Rosana but everyone calls me Alrosa. Hehe!" I chuckled nervously and decided to stop moving backward.

"What do you want?" he firmly asked and clenched his jaw.

He is wearing brown robes and he wears a headdress with antlers. And he is barefooted. Kung titingnan naman, parang magkaedad lang kami. Dito ako dinala ng mga dahon. Actually, those white leaves are scattered on the ground right now.

"I am here to get tears of Tix." I answered and looked away.

"Why?"

"For the Luna flowers." I answered and looked back at him.

Kumunot ang noo niya. "What happened to the Moon flowers?" he seems worried.

"They got poisoned."

He stared at me for a minute. Then, he nod. "Follow me."

Hmm. I think it would not be hard for me now? Sumunod ako sa kaniya. Huminto kami sa isang malaking puno. Kumunot ang noo ko. Baka maging tao iyan ah?

"Tix! Come out! I brought a visitor!" he shouted while looking above.

Okay. I think I am right. This tree is a person.

Pero hindi ko inaasahang lilipad pababa ang isang dambuhalang tarantula! It has the same size with an adult cheetah!

I gulped and squeezed my satchel tight.

"This is Tix, Alrosa. And for you to get his tears, you have to tell him a story."

"What? Story?!" I gave this a guy a surprised look.

He nodded. "Yes. Story. Fairytales, folklores, myths, legends, or what so ever. I'll leave you two alone. You might need a concentration."

Napanguso na lang ako nang iwan niya nga ako sa nilalang na to. I looked at my pocketwatch, its two in the morning. Lumayo ako ng konti at umupo sa harap ni Tix.

"Okay! What story should I tell you If only Blair was here. E ano nga ba?"

Nakatayo lang si Tix sa harapan ko nang magsimula ako.

"Once, there was this girl and a boy. Their lives are so different from each other. The boy was a prince and the girl was a peasant's daughter. They became friends when the girl always with his father who worked in the palace. The boy doesn't have any friends because peasant kids are afraid to befriend because he's a prince. They don't want to get punished just talking with the prince..."

"...But the girl was brave. She befriended the prince. So they became good friend. They even had a dance together. But suddenly, the boy pushed her away. He didn't want to be her friend anymore. The girl got heartbroken. She tried talking to him but he remained ignoring her. Until now, they didn't have the chance to talk. Until now, the girl is hurting for what happened. I wish she knew his reasons."

Napabuntong hininga ako nang matapos. Napahaplos ako sa magaspang niyang katawan.

"Tix, why do you think the prince pushed me away? Does he hates me? What did I do wrong?"