1: The Bet

A/N:
Do NOT translate / copy!

All rights reserved!
--------

Zhan proudly grinned receiving a stranger's seductive gesture thrown at his direction. The sexy figure was swaying her curves on the dance floor and owning the spotlight of the night, maliciously catching everyones attention, including that of Wei Zhan's.

Zhan teasingly winked back at the beauty before he gulped his share of whisky on the VIP lounge bar, eyes not leaving his tonight's apple of the eye.

'What could be better than spend the night with such a beauty?!' He thought as he flashed his toothy grin at the female and challenge with confidence the man sitting beside him, "Want to make a bet who that cutie is winking at? Whoever wins will be granted a wish by the one who loses."

Lan Hai Kuan followed his best friend's gaze, shaking his head immediately before turning his gaze back at the liquor in his hand. He is completely uninterested with his best friend's game.

Several years of friendship made him extremely well-versed of Wei Zhan's flirting antics wherever he goes. The cassanova had admirers in every corner of that town and every place he had been, but the young carefree bachelor still hasn't found his match at the age of 26.

"One day, I wish to see you settle down and stop the nonsense flirting."

Zhan act offended with his friend's disinterest and remark, twisting his body to temporarily leave his treasured view so as to focus on his virtuous pal. "You know I won't do that! Limitless beauties are still incomparable even to a top-notch Goddess whose beauty will just fade over time." He proudly sniggered dismissing the thought of settling down with only one lover. 'The more, the merrier.' He playfully thought.

Hai Kuan shook his head in resignation.
"Someone please tame this man." He mumbled in tease, making sure Zhan caught every word he said.

"B-o-r-i-n-g." Zhan slowly delivered wanting to strike his best friend's ego but Hai Kuan only smiled remembering a deep voice who usually pronounces that infamous 'Boring' word without any vigor. "You sound like someone."

Zhan rolled his eyes then deadpanned at his best friend. "Don't start me again with your obsessive brotherly-love! My little brother this...My Didi that...My cute brother this and that!"

Hai Kuan looked at him with a raised eyebrow, 'Is it that obvious?'

Zhan had to roll his eyes once more, dramatically saying, "Hell yes! You're too obvious and too doting! Why not put him in your pocket and keep him with you at all times?!"

Hai Kuan chuckled gently then suddenly his mood darkened and the light in his eyes leave slowly. "If only I could." He muttered, staring at the melting ice on his tumbler.

"I knew it!" Zhan guffawed drinking the last drop of his whisky.

"So, how is he? Still in Korea?"

"Mn." Hai Kuan nodded, frowning at the thought of not being able to see his beloved brother in the last three years.

"But he'll be coming back soon, right?" Zhan pondered, also quite curious to meet once more the adorable brother of his best friend whom he'd only seen once for a brief moment. Because the numerous times he came visit the Lan's mansion, the youngest son is always missing in action.

"That's the plan. He'll take university here while training in father's business. He'll be back one of these days. Next month, the latest." The smile in Hai Kuan's face came back at the thought of reuniting with his brother soon.

But he wasn't the only one waiting for his brother's return.

Zhan can still vivid recall their first and only meeting when he came unannounced and saw the sleeping Lan Yibo in the garden surrounded by his pet bunnies. 'I wonder if he is still as cute as before.' Zhan chuckled to himself reminiscing the pale brown eyes of the younger Lan when he opened his eyes and stared at Zhan's dark ones. How adorable he looked with his burning red ears from embarrassment, eyes widening in shock, when he woke up and realized he was in Zhan's arms and being carried back inside the house as the weather outside dimmed and the rain started to pour. How cutely he wiggled himself free from Zhan's bridal carry and pushed his chest with his tiny warm hands before bowing in gratitude in a perfect 90 degree angle and then running away and hiding himself in his room the whole day. 'Ah. He is indeed cute. Shy but very adorable. I can't wait to tease him.'

Hai Kuan looked at Zhan hearing his silence and realized the latter was far gone in a dreamland, smiling all to himself.

'Could he be...?!' Hai Kuan thought and then a playful idea came in his mind.

"Should we make that bet?" He said out of the blue, looking at the woman Zhan had just flirted from the distance.

Zhan almost spit out the liquid in his mouth, gaping at Hai Kuan's sudden change of behaviour. "Are you drunk already?!" He sputter out.

Hai Kuan lifted the corner of his mouth, "There should be a first for everything. Mine might be in here, yours is...might be soon." He then moved towards the woman, shouting to Zhan as he go, "Keep your words, Zhan! Grant me a wish if I win!"

Zhan was dumb-founded watching his priest-like friend step into the crowded dance floor and mumble closely onto the woman's ears. He was too shocked and was staring unblinkingly until two figures now stand on his front.

The girl with a revealing dress and thick make-up moved her small face towards Zhan. He let her caress his face from forehead to chin which left goosebumps on his skin. She tilted his chin up so his face meets her eyes before he whispered in his ears, "You're a cute one." Zhan gulped hard tempted by the woman's alluring voice and lips almost touching his sensitive auricle. Unfortunately, her touch left his skin and her snaking arms took possession of Hai Kuan's limb before breaking Zhan's fantasy, "But I prefer your handsome friend." She winked at him before she eagerly pulled Hai Kuan to the other corner of the lounge.

The two built their own world and talk the night away, while Wei Zhan stared at them with eyes of disbelief and slight annoyance. He pouted his lips childishly, revisiting his hopes which were crushed down by his own best friend.

Hai Kuan eyeing him from the opposite side grinned in satisfaction. They both knew it was the first time someone turned down Zhan and the worse part is, the woman chose his own best friend instead of him.

Hai Kuan satisfied with his deed mouthed at the sulking Zhan, rubbing salt to his wound, 'I won. You owe me a wish.'

--------
A/N:

💚❤Please don't forget to VOTE ⭐ and leave your COMMENT 💬! 💚❤

27&28-Dec-2020