Pipikku

Their season had come to an end. No... it was more accurate to say it had never begun in the first place. The perfect script, the script that would obtain King ultimate hegemony, had never seen the light of day. Not even as a bonus on the Blu-ray release. The nihility farce, as King had called them, had come out on top. King has fallen. Their script abandoned. With the Nihility Farce, their true forms, unshackled from King and Takeshobo or anyone else to wreak their havoc across the universes, it was no surprise to Pipimi that their influence would start to bleed into their reality.

"That's us." Pipimi says with a smile as she looks over Popuko's shoulder at her drawings.

Popuko startles at her voice and quickly hugs the drawings to her chest.

"A-ah, yeah," she laughs with a faint blush on her cheeks. "I mean it's supposed to be us, yeah. Ha ha, I know it looks a little silly and dumb..."

Interesting.

Very interesting.

So, Pipimi isn't the only one who had begun to remember the memories and experiences of their other selves. It makes sense that Popuko would remember too, but judging from the look on her face and what she said, it appears that she may not realize that the idea she made into a comic depicted a real event. Pipimi wonders why there is a discrepancy in their recollection, but disregards it for the moment.

"No, no," Pipimi says reassuringly. "I think it's really cute and funny."

"You really think so?" Popuko asks lighting up.

"Absolutely. I didn't know you were such an artist, Popu-chan."

"Oh, stop~ " Popuko beams as Pipimi pets her head.

"You should really show me more of your drawings sometime." Pipimi says intrigued and curious as to just how much she knows.

Pipimi walks back to her desk and begins putting her books away while contemplating what her sudden self-awareness meant for them. She wonders what will become of this abandoned world.

She feels eyes on her and looks up to see Popuko adoringly staring at her with a light blush dusting her cheeks. She smiles sweetly at her and watches as she cutely smiles back. Pipimi's chest feels warm and she feels immensely reassured. Whatever happens to this world, she knows as long as Popuko's by her side, they can get through whatever is thrown at them together.

"Well," Pipimi says with a content sigh before making her way to the door. "Wanna go to the park?"

"Don't we still have history class?"

Pipimi smirks and leans against the doorframe. "Who gives a shit about history class? I'm tired of hearin' about crusty old fucks who've been dead for hundreds of years, aren't you?"

Popuko smiles and Pipimi wonders how she was so lucky to have this girl in her life, or rather lives.

"Fuck history class." Popuko agrees as she gets up and follows Pipimi as she always does.

~

"—and then, this bitch has the audacity to say that the anime was better than the manga. Even though she also fuckin' said she only read the first volume! Tch! The fuckin' nerve—can I get a light?" Popuko stops mid rant as she pulls another cigarette out.

Pipimi hums in response as she blows out a puff of smoke and leans over with her lighter. She watches Popuko's face with wonder and is endlessly fascinated with how quickly things had changed. Just a few days ago, before the memories had started coming to her, Popuko was the happy-go-lucky stereotypical shoujo protagonist that King had written her as.