Childhood and Adulthood

You looked around at the scene in front of you

You looked around at the scene in front of you. It looked, familiar. Too familiar. You turned around and was face to face with your childhood home. You walked towards it, walking up the stairs of your front deck, opening the screen door. You noticed the door was unlocked, so you turned the gold knob and walked inside. Instantly, you were hit with the smell of sugar cookies. You looked around, a familiar warmth washing over you. The house was decorated for Christmas, your favorite holiday.

"Hello?"

No answer.

You walked towards the kitchen, your mother was bent at the waist, checking on whatever was in the oven. She picked up a mitt and took out the pan of fresh baked sugar cookies, placin them on the stove to cool.

"Momma?"

She didn't even look your way. You thought it was weird. You turned towards the pitter patter of feet coming down the hall, it was your little sister. She couldn't of been more than 5.

"Momma. Y/N isn't sharing her barbies with me. Tell her its rude. We share here." She was pointing down the hall, so you followed the familiar space towards your old room. Except, you weren't there. It was empty.

You turned to go back to the kitchen and suddenly you were in Spencers apartment. The smell of books filling your nostrils. It was comforting. You walked over to his book shelf, running your finger over the spines of the familiar titles.

You watched Spencer come around the corner from the hall. He had clearly just showered, a towel in his hand which he was using to dry his hair, sweatpants hanging low off of his hips.

You walked towards him, a smile on your face.

"Spence? Baby?"

No answer.

You looked down at yourself, you were definitely there. You were looking at your body. You wondered if you were dreaming. You never dreamt of your family. It wasnt that you didn't like them, you just didn't dream of them. Ever.

You felt a pain in the back of your head, it felt like someone, or something, smacked you. You brought a hand up to the pain and felt something wet. You put your hand at the front of your face. It was covered in blood. Panic started to set in. Why were you bleeding? You had to find out what was happening. You tried walking to Spencers front door, but your feet wouldn't move. It felt like your body weighed 500 pounds. Why was your body so heavy?

What the fuck happened to you?