Day 23

"I'm getting married.."

   That's what she said. Her dad finally told her, huh? It's really the end of us.

   I closed my eyes, hoping not to wake up again. My heart hurts so much that I wanted to disappear from this hell.

   "Are you really just gonna let her go?" A voice asked.

   I peeked one eye open and saw Ijekiel and Helena, standing beside the bed. I just sighed, sitting up to face them.

   "Yeah... there's nothing I could do about it" I muttered. "I can't... get her back.."

-
A year ago

   "So... do you have any idea why did I call you, Lucas?" Claude muttered before sipping his tea.

   Lucas gulped. "No.. sir.."

   Claude stared at Lucas, worried of what his expression will be if he said it. Lucas love Athanasia so much, so is Athanasia, so how will he able to say this to him?

   He sat up, clearing his throat. "Well... I called you here to tell you something... something that could destroy your relationship... with Athanasia."

   Hearing that made Lucas frown. "What do you mean?"

   "Break up with Athanasia.."

   Lucas jolt up, his eyes widened in disbelief. Claude sighed, he knew this would happen.

   "What?!" The ravenette exclaimed. "Why are you saying such things?! D-Did I do something wrong?!"

   He can't believe it, his girlfriend's dad just called him here to tell him to break up with her?! He needs reason.

   "No..." Claude muttered, looking down the carpet.

   "T-T-Then why?"

   "...."

   "C'mon, old man... I can't do that to Sia.. I love her so much.. why are you saying that-that I have to break up with her?" Lucas pleaded.

   "Athanasia... she-she has to go back to where she belongs.." Claude confessed. "Her grandmother told me that she's going to get married with someone who... who will fit for her.."

   Lucas' heart sank. Athanasia's grandmother wanted her back and forced her to get married with someone who will fit for her. What bullshit is that?

   "But- wh-what about Sia.. she don't want this.." Lucas whispered. "Why can't you just say no?"

   "Even if I refuse, she will try to get her... just like what she did to me..."

   Lucas sat down, losing his strenght after what Claude had told him. He can't just let Athanasia go.. and married her off to someone else.. he can't..

   "That's why I'm telling you to break up with her, so she won't get attatched to you than she already is.." Claude said.

   "I-Is there any other way...?"

   "I believe... there's nothing we can do about it..."

   Tears fill up Lucas' eyes, his heart sank deeper. Breaking up with Athanasia hurts him, he can't even imagine seeing her expression if he told her. He don't want her to go, he don't want to break up.

   "Fine..."

   'I'm sorry Sia..'

-

   "Lu, I'm homeeeee!!" Athanasia called as she walked in the apartment with an excited expression, she missed her lover so much. But no one answered.

   "Lu?!" She called again, but there's still no answer. She tried to look around and find Lucas, but there's still nothing. She's sure that Lucas is here, because if he's out, he always told her about it.

   "Lucas, this isn't funny anymore! I know you're here!!" She laughed nervously, her body was trembling.

   She gave up looking for him and waited in the living room until 12am. She was about to walk out of the apartment and look for him but then stopped as she saw a yellow note on the floor with a familiar handwriting on it.

   She picked it up and read it...

   “Don't look for me.. I'm breaking up with you.. goodbye, l̸o̸v̸e̸ Athanasia... be happier:)”

—Lucas

And that's how the texting started.