2. Under the same sky

Nighttime

Was always been so cold and quiet, but the flames on the torches were brightly lit.

The only noise was the footsteps stepping into small puddles that remained on the dirt road. There were still lots of people walking slowly along the lone road. Walking cautiously as they afraid the deep night could swallow them for one.

Peaceful

It never a word describing a place like this. A place covered in a thick fog of smog with the relentless gunshots. A place that gave out nothing but pain and despair...

...the battlefield...

But this night, for one the field didn't seem so dreadful. The moon shined brightly, stars were still blinking nonstop on the deep night sky.

It was rather calm...

...just like the atmosphere surrounding them. So quiet that could easily fade into the deep night and scattered within the cold breeze briskly.

Inside alone tents standstill in the mystic wooden forests separated from the main barracks, the moonlight shines through still the three were very faint. The only thing that shined deeply was the way their eyes reflected the moonlight...like an ord of diamond...

Light blue...Clear orange...Golden yellow...

Gaze deeply in the night sky, eyes kept still on the stars, it seemed to distract him, hands stopped moving and remain on the other arm. His actions dragged the remain two attention, they aware of his stage right now but the wounds started to get hurt every second count.

"Gempa..."

The sudden call made Gempa startled by it, he snapped his head to face the voice. How the other expression strikes him made him realize his actions.

"I'm sorry Blaze. Your wound should be okay now." Gempa said as he quickly wrapped the last round of bandage around Blaze's arm.

"It alright, but still really hurt you know." Let out a fake sobbing, Blaze looked at Gempa.

Scratching the back of his head, Gempa then reached out to pat Blaze's head hoping that would calm him down "I'm sorry for that. I guess I was dozing off a bit."

"Just let him be Gem. He just only being dramatic."

Not letting Blaze had his line the last person remain cut him off.

"Ais!! Can you like for once be nice to me??" Blaze exclaimed, eyeing the person who laid on Gempa back, faces in the opposite direction as them.

"Can't do."

Gempa facepalm at the two. They might be twin Brothers but they never stopped the opportunity to eat each other throat.

"So. What was on your mind Gem?"

Ais might be facing his back but Gempa still could hear the concern in the question.

Gempa one more time eyes up upon the dark sky " Nothing...I was just thinking about the stars..."

"You were thinking about the stars...or them??"

"It seems like I was too obvious then?" Gempa said with a sad look.

"Gem! Why are you so worried about them? We not even on the same side anymore." Blaze pouted at Gempa word.

"How can I not worry about them. They are our brother!" Eyes still kept on the star but the mood around him started to change, Gempa said "I know you mad Blaze... But we never had the choice."

Gempa's word made Blaze jot down. He wasn't wrong. The choice was never on them. All of them had their duty to fulfill, they had to take responsibility to protect the land they grew up on.
And since their parents are both different nations when the war took place they divorced and went back to fight along with their country.

The three are not only Triplets they a part of the Septuplets. While the other four remained in their homeland the three had to return to their mother's land.

Right... They had to fight the land they grew up on... Blaze was mad not because of the other he was mad because...

"I know!! But why you here with us? You did have a choice to choose, Gem!!" Blaze cried out in frustration. He knew among the siblings Gempa is the most attached to their homeland. So why did he chose to fight against it?

"I don't want to leave you two alone."

Gempa turned his head to face Blaze, under the moonlight his golden eyes looked deep into Blaze's amber ones. Blaze was stunned not only by Gempa word but how gentle his look was towards him.

Blaze grind his teeth, attending to go all out but was being cut off by Ais

"You have always been thinking of us then what about you? Why you don't be selfish for once?"

"I am being selfish, Ais. I don't want you two to suffer alone. If I could I just want to take over all your pain." Gempa said smoothly as he turned back to pat Ais's head "You see, I'm very selfish."

Head low down, Ais let his hair cover his expression.

"You two don't need to worry about me. I'm fine." Let out a small smile, Gempa reached out to stroke both of them hair softly "I know it sad that we no longer share the same roof anymore, but...

...At least we still living under the same sky. "

--------------------------------------------------------------

How come that the idea of me writing a love story turns into this...

Well, the idea was random so it changes very easily. I have tried my best even though I don't even know what I had just written...