Christmas

December 25th, 2021

"That is mine!" I heard Jimin fight with Taehyung over some object in their newly gifted gaming console.

Christmas last year was fairly dismal. My heart, mind, and body still aching from the assault that had happened earlier in the month. This year, Christmas was a chaotic calm. Taehyung and Jimin sat in front of the T.V., gaming, Jin and Sephi sat with the twins, watching as they explored their new toys, Namjoon and Ellie were in the kitchen, attempting to make something edible, and the rest of them sat outside, chatting about the plans for later.

Jungkook and I were curled up on the couch that sat across from Taehyung and Jimin. Jungkook was tired, having been up all night stressing over the fact that he had rolled over in his sleep and pressed into my hand, which I had hurt a week prior. I was on a walk with Taehyung and Hoseok, which on its own was a dangerous decision. We were racing when I fell, managing to break a few fingers while breaking my fall. I had only hurt my hand, but Jungkook acted like I had been in a major accident, which was helped none by his accidental induction of pain last night.

And in case anyone was wondering, I'm not pregnant. We haven't tried since the night of my birthday; the schedule was quickly building, not to mention the accidental slip of the mind that technically the company wouldn't allow us to have kids until we were married. In all honesty, it never felt like a good time then anyways, that was just pure hormones talking that night. The only pregnant person in the house happens to be the wonderful Kim Ellie, two months along with her first child which they had announced this morning upon opening gifts. We all found out as Namjoon opened his gift of positive pregnancy tests.

The boys had planned on releasing their new album fairly soon and were all excited to do so. In fact, Bang Si-Hyuk had sent the first physical copy to all of us for Christmas. Wings will drop in 2022, along with several surprises for ARMYs. I had heard the tracks and was bothered by Sara on a constant basis, asking for an "itty bitty snippet". To her disappointment, I had kept the music to myself. Besides, I had mostly just heard Jungkook and Taehyung's solo tracks...not that she knew they existed yet. I had also been present for the dance practice for their single, Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

"Noona~" Jungkook whined from beside me. "I'm hungry."

"Ellie and Namjoon are doing their best in there, give them a while," I smiled at him.

              As if he jinxed it, I heard a faint "fuck" come from the kitchen. I hopped up and rushed in to find Namjoon standing there with, somehow, blue food dye in his currently blonde hair.

"Wh-Namjoon oppa, why did you even have food dye?" I asked as I grabbed a towel, wetted it, and swiped the dye off of his forehead.

"Someone wanted the make the rice cool looking," Ellie sighed as she sat the pot of rice off to the side. "Honestly it's quick payback for trying to ruin my rice."

          Namjoon pouted, looking at Ellie with apologetic eyes.

"There's no way this is coming out," I said.

Jungkook walked in and immediately burst out laughing.

"Hyung," he wheezed. "Nice hair."

"Shut it, Jungkook," Namjoon hissed. "AraJoon, do you think it'll fade with a shower?"

I nodded, telling him it wouldn't fade much, but enough until the next time he did his hair.

Taehyung and Jimin made their way into the kitchen and gave Namjoon a glance before losing it. The two were immediately scolded before I began helping Ellie with the rest of dinner.

**************************

"Picture time!" Jungkook chimed, his camera now steadily on the tripod. "Taehyung, please hold your own soulmate."

I giggled as Taehyung let go of me and he grabbed Lena's hand.

"Everyone posed?" He asked before setting the timer, to which everyone nodded.

We had all gathered in the living room, spread out on the couches. Each paring were in a lovely embrace, with Jin and Sephi comfortably snuggled together a sweet toddler each in their laps. And as soon as Jungkook clicked the timer, he rushed into my arms, myself now squished in between him and Taehyung.

"Everyone say Christmas!" Jimin shouted, to which everyone obliged, of course without Soo-Ji and Hera, as the picture snapped.

"I'll post it on the twitter account as soon as I get it transferred," Jungkook said as he nodded at the photo, enjoying how it came out. "I'll do it now so ARMYs can have a nice little Christmas card before midnight."

I smiled as everyone broke into conversation, including the twins who happily gurgled at everyone. Jungkook had grabbed his computer and sat it on the counter, transferring the photo and logging into twitter to post it.

BTS.twt:
MERRY CHRISTMAS ARMYS, WE LOVE YOU
-BTS family

He pressed tweet and smiled at the photo as it loaded onto their account.

"Merry Christmas, noona." Jungkook grinned and snuggled his face into my neck. "I love you."

"Merry Christmas, Kookie," I said as I brushed my fingers through his hair. "I love you too."