Strength, Sports, and Smarts

"So let me get this straight. Just because you were both at some dumb racetrack your gonna be nice to her. I'm not some idiot. I know your a jerk to everyone. Remember Cynthia?" Zeno stated, sounding concerned for me.

"You really think I like that idiot? No fucking way," Malcolm said with disgust. I would have been offended if I didnt feel the exact same way about him.

"Malcolm! Who's the hot chick?" called some older kid with spiky hair.

I walked up to him, shoved him over, and said "Nobody to you perv," and made sure to step on him. As I walked away, I heard that son of a bitch Malcolm say, "Well shit. You just got screwed by a girl." I pictured spiky hair beating up smartass and knew today was gonna be great.

***************

During homeroom, the teacher told us that it was a new season for all sports and to head to the office to sign up. I approached the office and immediately noticed something. I was the only girl. I saw smartass and spiky hair arguing towards the middle of the line. When I got to the front of the line, I signed up for basketball, soccer, and baseball. I noticed Malcolm's name on basketball, and crossed my fingers that he wouldnt make the team.

As I walked down the hallway, I could have sworn I heard somebody that sounded like a kindergarten teacher whisper-yelling my name, but I ignored it until the voice said, "Clayton Holmes! You have an IQ of 169!"