Sprout

When I walked out of the classroom, I saw Malcolm standing alone a few yards away. I punched his arm and asked him what the hell he was doing.
"I was waiting for you so you wouldnt have to worry about somebody else answering the door when you got to my place."

I laughed out loud at what he said. "What a gentleman you are, waiting to walk me home," I mumbled under my breath as I punched his arm again.

We walked the whole way in silence. I immediately knew which house was his even though I'd never seen it before. The lawn was a mess and the numbers were falling off the house. I swore it looked like it was going to collapse any minute.

The second I walked through the front  door I had to do a double take to make sure I hadn't just walked through the gates of hell. Heres a quick run down of what I saw. A lady without a shirt or bra on walking around with a laundry basket. A man sitting at the kitchen table on the phone with somebody. Spiky hair and some blonde kid wrestling on the couch. Lastly, I saw a face that was all too familiar.

I ran into the kitchen and hugged Francis. "What the hell- Sprout?!" I looked up at him and smiled. At this point everyone had stopped what they were doing and stared. I honestly didnt blame them. Some random girl just appeared out of nowhere and started hugging their older brother.
I started to piece things together, and realized he shouldn't be here. "I thought you said you went to military school."

He had an understanding look on his face, and replied, "I did. I'm just visiting. More importantly, why are you even here?" I explained to him that Malcolm and I went to school together and we were partners for an essay.

When Malcolm and I were walking to his room, his brother grabbed the collar of his shirt and whispered something into his ear. Once he had let go, Malcolm looked terrified and confused at the same time. I could have sworn I heard him mumble that he was dreaming.