What is happening?

[Season 3, Episode 1, Part 2]

Diane and others walked through the streets, going towards the place, where the trolls lived since The Heartstone's Troll Market was taken by Gumm-Gumms. Of course, the trolls had a lot of arguments when the place was cramped and no one liked to be there. Jim and Blinky were wandering around, trying to help trolls, and Diane leaned on one box, repeating today's events in her head. Arcadia's High School, Claire's flu, the Battle of the Bands, Douxie...Diane stopped right there. Why the hell am I thinking of him? She was furious with herself and didn't saw NotEnrique's coming. ''Hey girl, why are you so down?'' NotEnrique asked and Diane winced in surprise. Then she just shook her head. ''You wouldn't understand.''
''I have lived longer than you might think'', NotEnrique tilted his head.
''So am I'', Diane smiled tiredly. NotEnrique scratched his head and sucked down a sock. ''Exactly how long?''
''918 years.''
NotEnrique stopped there, staring unbelievably. ''What'd you just say?''
''918 years, almost 919.'' Diane couldn't help but grin at the little changeling's face. ''I'm a wizard
from the 12th century, graduated wizard of the great Merlin, on your service.'' She did a dramatic bow, getting up just to see NotEnrique's mixed emotions, and the changeling blinked in disbelief until he said: ''Right, Imma get out of here.'', and started to crawl away mumbling: ''A wizard from the 12th century? This world has gone nuts.''
Diane smiled a bit, then leaned more on the wood box, trying to clear her mind. Douxie, Douxie, Douxie. What am I supposed to do with you? Diane thought about the glimmer in Douxie's eyes, how those eyes looked at her...Diane slapped herself mentally. I have gone crazy! One boy appears in school and now I can't take my thoughts away from him! Diane thought furiously. That one boy was your first and only love until you dumped him for stupid reasons, a voice whispered in her head.
Thinking of thoughts like that, Diane didn't see Jim coming towards her. Again. Someone coming and she didn't notice. She probably should stick a paper sign right in her chest reading 'Hey, I'm a bit in my thoughts. If you wanna draw my attention, ring the bell.'
  ''Uhh, Diane, you okay?'' Diane blinked a few times, then smiled with a carefree smile. ''Yeah, I'm fine, why?'' Jim looked a bit nervous. ''I mean...Are you like...Good-good?''
Diane raised her eyebrow. ''And what you might mean with 'Good-good'?''
''I don't know...You kinda... burst out so suddenly and you haven't said anything...'', Jim's voice faded a bit away.
Diane almost burst out laughing, but she kept a smile plastered on her face. ''Oh really? Now we're talking about my welfare, even though I did see your jealous side when Douxie came around.'' She looked curiously at Jim. ''James, could you explain that to me?''
''I told you to not use that name'', Jim mumbled.
''Then what would you like me to use? Jimbo? Young Atlas? Mortal? Respectable trollhunter?''
''I want you to call me as everyone else does. My name is Jim.''
''I know that, James.''
''Jim!''
Diane tilted her head. ''James sounds much better.''
''We have known each other since you tried to drag me to your wooden hub, but you still won't call me Jim'', he whined.
Diane smiled. ''Nope. Not gonna happen.''

~~~~

AAARRRGGHH picked the Gumm-Gumm helmet, put it on his head, and turned around.
''Wow, you look like a Gumm-Gumm already!'' Toby hurrahed.
Diane just frowned, looking suspiciously at the helmet. ''This really isn't necessary.'' AAARRRGGHH just shook his enormous head. ''I go. Gunmar must be stopped.'' Diane then sighed, like she had given up years ago but still tried to reverse things that may happen. ''Okay then, but just inquiry, then you get out. Got it?''
AAARRRGGHH nodded, tapped her head, and went out of the building.

[651 words and 3, 817 characters]

(A/N): Hiya guys! It's been a while. Me looking at the date of the last published chapter. 
Yeah, maybe a bit too long... Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this (pretty short) chapter! This gives a little sneak peek of Diane's past and how she met Jim, Toby, etc.
The number of votes is not big, but I'm still not very concerned. I'm not waiting for this to jump on the Top 3 of any Wizards - Tales of Arcadia place, but I still enjoy writing this, soo...This is not gonna end soon.

      Love,
             A. Willow

{7th of February 2021}