CHAPTER 2

TAE-HYUN'S POV

The voices in my head woke me up as usual instead of my alarm, whispering their venomous words in my ears, 'weird' 'useless' 'screw-up' 'just die' 'no one needs you' 'die!' 'die!' 'die!' they chanted in my head like a holy mantra. Welcome to my world where to me my inner demons are very, very, real anyways back to this morning, i ignored the voices and opened my drawer, i swallowed my pills washing it down with the bottle of water that stood dutifully on my night-desk, i picked up my phone and checked the time, it was still 5:40 am, i had roughly fifty minutes before my appointment with my therapist Ms. Jones, i dropped my phone and flopped back on my bed, staring at the ceiling and contemplating on the mess that was my life.

I usually tried not to think about my life because that usually triggered my voices, but i had taken my pills so i guess it should be alright, my life went down hill ever since my father died when i was 8, my mother was wallowing away in depression and self-pity at some point she tried to commit suicide but it was a failed attempt and at that point i started to resent my mom a little, i mean what kind of mom would try to kill herself and leave her son behind? after that my mom stayed in some mental rehabilitation center while i stayed with my grandparents. My mom came back and life was relatively normal she continued helping my grandparents run their company (its like a huge family company and all the higher ups are my relatives) until she brought back my step-father and step-brother, life went seriously downhill from there, my step-father and step-brother hated my guts like a lot, they hit me, starved me, cut me, and did all sort of things which i prefer not to go in detail to. 

In short my home life was hell, but my school-life was HELL!!!, everyone bullied me, even the nerds and the teachers, and that was when the voices and hallucinations started, i didn't tell anyone not even my mom because of her frequent business trips, she was rarely home and when she was home she was resting, in the middle of all that i made a friend online or at least i thought i did, (i was a naive ten year old), we got along really well and decided to meet up, and when we did,well let's just say i was shocked and scared, needless to say i basically got kidnapped by some pedophille who had like seven more children in his basement, the things  that went on in that house i can't say but the voices and hallucinations worsened. I was in that hell for three years by the time the police came to save us there were only three of us left the other four had been sold off somewhere. When i was found i was basically having 24/7 hours of hallucinations in my head i was still back in that basement of horrors, it was so bad i couldn't tell between reality and hallucinations, and the voices kept screaming in my ears, i was diagnosed with sever schizophrenia, and i was put in a mental home. A few months after that my schizophrenia died down but the voices never left, by then my mom had divorced my step-father, she told me we were going to America because; 1. she was supposed to run a branch there and 2. to start afresh.

So starting again really didn't work out cause guess what, bullying is still an issue and the voices are getting louder and the hallucinations are becoming more and more frequent, so yes starting afresh wasn't working at all, anyways back to today, it was 6:05 am when i decided to get ready i took a quick shower put on my dark green sweater black jeans and matching converse not forgetting my glasses, i went downstairs and mom was already there dressed in a well ironed, expensive, designer pantsuit with an apron tied around her waist (yes my mom does the cooking and i help with the cleaning she says she wants to feel the rush of being a proper housewife and a successful woman whatever that means) she set down a plate of blueberry pan-cakes for herself and me, we ate in comfortable silence and when we were done, we washed the dishes and then entered her car.

She dropped my off at the hospital promising to be back after her meeting, when i entered Mrs. Jane the receptionist beamed at me, "you're going to see Dr. Jones?" she asked, i nodded, "okay, you can go in now, oh and take these pills to the patient in ward 66 when you're done" she said handing me the bag of pills, "sure" i replied. I entered Dr.Jones office she, it was as neat as ever nothing out of place, she was a bit of a neat freak, she smiled when i came in and offered my a cup of hot cocoa which i happily accepted, and we got straight down to business.

After my appointments with Dr.Jones i usually, head to the waiting room and sort out some assignments or listen to music or listen to Mrs. Jane talk about her beautiful daughters, but today was different, how different i didn't know.

I knocked on ward 66, i could hear laughter coming from the ward, before a husky 'come in', i opened the door and entered two people where in the room, a  caramel skinned boy with unruly curly hair, a loop-sided grin, and excited brown eyes, the other boy was sitting on a the hospital bed with a face mask that was connected to a machine, his skin was pale  looking a bit blue, but his hair was a vibrant shade of red and his eyes greener than emerald and just as piercing he had a red stud on his left ear, his facial expression was cold and hostile, in contrast to the other guy who was jolly and happy,  i assumed he was the patient Mrs. Jane was talking about and mentally debated if this was her effort of trying to get me to make more friends, i coughed trying to ease the awkwardness, "um, Mrs. Jane told me to give you these pills"  i said as i handed him the bag, he stared at me with his emerald eyes his gaze cold and unreadable before they softened and a small smile graced his face, "thanks" he said his voice raspy, i nodded and turned to leave when the other guy yelled, "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" "the red-head frowned, "your voice" he scolded "oh, sorry i guess i got too excited what i meant to say was, come join us" he said, "really?" i asked hoping this wasn't a trick, i looked at the red-head and he gave a small nod, "okay" i said.

And that started my friendship with Jaylen and Hayden, what we talked about on the first day we met i can't really remember but, it was one of the best days of my life and it made me think for just a moment that i was a normal seventeen year old.